Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
60.00%
3 60.00%
Suns
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 15: DAL (9-6) @ PHX (12-3) | 104-112 loss
(11-20-2021, 12:04 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Stinks to give up a hard fought lead so quickly

They just destroyed KP during that run.  Small ball was tried instead of Wednesdays zone at about the same point in the game and it isn’t working either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
On pace for 4 to 6 points this quarter
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
When it gets to winning time in the NBA, Chris Paul knows he can do it. Brunson is still trying to prove it to himself. He’ll get there.
Like Reply
Here is the true problem.

8th best player down:

Powell 11.0
Bullock 9.5
WCS 4.1
Boban 3.5
Burke 3.2
Brown 3.0
Green 3.0

We pay $37.3M to those seven guys and they offer us nothing that minimum level players couldn´t provide, too.
Like Reply
Brunson is out of gas, he's had to dribble around out there 1 on 5 for most of the game. Just nothing they can do...the Suns adjust again in the 4th quarter
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-20-2021, 12:12 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Brunson is out of gas, he's had to dribble around out there 1 on 5 for most of the game. Just nothing they can do...the Suns adjust again in the 4th quarter

Yeah, I agree. 

That was like the fourth time he has killed his dribble for no reason, which is very unlike him.
Like Reply
The next person that says Bullock should get a minute off Dorian should check himself into a mental instiution.
Like Reply
(11-20-2021, 12:09 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: They just destroyed KP during that run.  Small ball was tried instead of Wednesdays zone at about the same point in the game and it isn’t working either.

Definitely seems like pick-and-rolling KP is what PHX believes the special sauce is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
JB's length is especially a limitation with the new no-call NBA.
Like Reply
This is exactly why I wanted another secondary playmaker in the offseason. Watching THJ and Brunson put up 33 points on 38 attempts really shows how much we need Luka. Kristaps efficient tonight at least
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • MangaAfterDark
Like Reply
Well, it’s pretty clear who the better team is, but I stand by what I said earlier about how the Mavericks hung in for these two games better than I expected.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Played good through 3....got punked again in the 4th.
Like Reply
Suns just own us right now and I don't see that changing for a while. Even with Luka, we just don't match up well against them with their combination of shooters, scorers, length, and size.
Like Reply
(11-20-2021, 12:20 AM)MrGoat Wrote: This is exactly why I wanted another secondary playmaker in the offseason. Watching THJ and Brunson put up 33 points on 38 attempts really shows how much we need Luka. Kristaps efficient tonight at least

They need to start

Brunson
THJ
Luka
DFS
Porzingis

and trade Powell for Bagley III. Kings are now 6-10 and desperation will set it soon. We can offer Bagley to turn him into Julius Randle off the bench, run all the 2nd unit offense through him. And we still need another play-maker off the bench. Maybe Dragic will become available, so we can head into the play-offs with this bench....

Ntilikina
Dragic
Bullock
Bagley
Kleber
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
The Suns should be nice and destroy us in the first quarter instead of giving us hope and taking it away
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
All game long I felt the Suns would keep it close and then out execute us late.  It just happened a little sooner than I thought.

Worst game of the season for Brunson (Second half at least).  Although I credit PHX defense for a lot of it.   They really made it where he had to do everything and he just didn't do it tonight.   

Then in the fourth Chris Paul just destroyed us on offense.    It gives me bad feelings what elite guards are going to do against us in big games.  Need to get better there.  

Bullock...ugh!   Jevelle McGhee gets the Barkley for PHX.  

This team is not far off.  They need a little better performances.  But short term they need a move or two to close the gap against the better teams.   I think a move will be out there.   Nothing special, but the Mavs need to get a little better production.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I wish Sterling Brown would not have thrown it in the back court there. The end of this game might have been a little interesting if he had waited a second.
Like Reply
I wish we had Dwight Schrute instead of Dwight Powell
Like Reply
(11-20-2021, 12:30 AM)BolsDamols Wrote: I wish we had Dwight Schrute instead of Dwight Powell

[Image: Basketball-dwight-schrute-690247_639_360.jpg]
Like Reply
JB, THJ, FN and RB being 3-23 on threes was KILLER. They shoot even a poor 6-23 and the Mavs suddenly have 9 extra points and this game is COMPLETELY different. 

Missed open shots is KILLING this team 15 games in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply