Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Viable Mavericks Message Board and Mental Health
I once started a "Damn Avery Johnson" thread when Avery, at the end of a game took the ball out of Jason Kidd's hands to run some sort of high school play he drew up.  The Mavs lost and I vented.  Who knows what sort of violent or out-of-control incident I may have created without the venting and/or release mechanism of a message board?

Post-defeat depression certainly dissipates when someone on a message board finds some sort of humor in it all.  Healthy, I think.

In recent weeks since DallasBasketball.com went to Hell, I've found myself on the General Board at RealGM, but reading about the greatness of the Lakers, Raptors, D. Wade, KG, Bron et al gets old.

Maybe this version of the new board will take hold.
Like Reply
(09-13-2019, 11:53 PM)WildArkieBoy75 Wrote: I once started a "Damn Avery Johnson" thread when Avery, at the end of a game took the ball out of Jason Kidd's hands to run some sort of high school play he drew up.  The Mavs lost and I vented.  Who knows what sort of violent or out-of-control incident I may have created without the venting and/or release mechanism of a message board?

Post-defeat depression certainly dissipates when someone on a message board finds some sort of humor in it all.  Healthy, I think.

In recent weeks since DallasBasketball.com went to Hell, I've found myself on the General Board at RealGM, but reading about the greatness of the Lakers, Raptors, D. Wade, KG, Bron et al gets old.

I like it personally. 

@Magickian, is there a way to enable a quick reply feature?
Like Reply
I found the quick reply feature...
Like Reply
If this is the place for requests, one thing the Maven site has educated me on is that I REALLY like nested replies. Is there any chance that nested replies is available in this format? If there is, is there a chance that you can add a board similar to what 247 did where you can switch to Legacy or Beta Mode, and instead have a Nested and Traditional Mode? BTW, the days of Quote inside a Quote until the original quote disappears are back!!!

Oh, and never thought I'd ever have to say this, but EDIT IS BACK!
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 12:10 AM)iolide Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 11:53 PM)WildArkieBoy75 Wrote: I once started a "Damn Avery Johnson" thread when Avery, at the end of a game took the ball out of Jason Kidd's hands to run some sort of high school play he drew up.  The Mavs lost and I vented.  Who knows what sort of violent or out-of-control incident I may have created without the venting and/or release mechanism of a message board?

I like it personally. 

@Magickian, is there a way to enable a quick reply feature?

Not sure if you saw it already but the quick reply feature is located at the bottom of the thread for me.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Not a deal breaker, but no .gif avatars?
Like Reply
I support exploring the nesting function as well.
Like Reply
Gif test didn't work but not upset since everything else is great...
Like Reply
So does the forum not support html code?
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 10:53 AM)Kammrath Wrote: So does the forum not support html code?
Doesn't seem so...I tried 4 different giphy codes and links...none worked...

Quote:[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 10:57 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote:

What did you do?
Like Reply
Okay everyone, I am sorry, I am slow to respond. Kamm I am about to make you Mod. I saw the messages and am catching up on all the posts. I also will have to check out plug-ins and various settings too... tbh some of these features you all want may or may not be available. I will look into the following, unless I am forgetting something add it to this list:

* HTML Code
*GIF (I see one posted so does it work or not? I am confused on this now hahaha)
* nesting(idk what yall mean about this one explain it more and I will try to fix the quote system too)

anything else ?

I will need help Modding and I am willing to give my number to a couple too... this way, if something comes up that is urgent yall are welcome to text me, and then I can get on the site and try to fix things in a more timely manner.

Thank you all for your patience with this, I should be able to fix most of these things and if not, then its not too late to find a different forum software that maybe has these features the only problem is it would be another start over but we aren't too far into these boards yet.... so I am going to try to find solutions first and quick
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 11:11 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-14-2019, 10:57 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote:

What did you do?

(09-14-2019, 03:49 PM)Magickian Wrote: Okay everyone, I am sorry, I am slow to respond. Kamm I am about to make you Mod. I saw the messages and am catching up on all the posts. I also will have to check out plug-ins and various settings too... tbh some of these features you all want may or may not be available. I will look into the following, unless I am forgetting something add it to this list:

* HTML Code
*GIF (I see one posted so does it work or not? I am confused on this now hahaha)
* nesting(idk what yall mean about this one explain it more and I will try to fix the quote system too)

anything else ?

I will need help Modding and I am willing to give my number to a couple too... this way, if something comes up that is urgent yall are welcome to text me, and then I can get on the site and try to fix things in a more timely manner.

Thank you all for your patience with this, I should be able to fix most of these things and if not, then its not too late to find a different forum software that maybe has these features the only problem is it would be another start over but we aren't too far into these boards yet.... so I am going to try to find solutions first and quick
Gifs are figured out so html may not be an immediate necessity...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 03:49 PM)Magickian Wrote: Okay everyone, I am sorry, I am slow to respond. Kamm I am about to make you Mod. I saw the messages and am catching up on all the posts. I also will have to check out plug-ins and various settings too... tbh some of these features you all want may or may not be available. I will look into the following, unless I am forgetting something add it to this list:

* HTML Code

anything else ?

Awesome, thanks! 

The ability to paste in spreadsheets would be HUGE. I really, really miss the ability to get numbers in an easy to use way.
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 03:49 PM)Magickian Wrote: *GIF (I see one posted so does it work or not? I am confused on this now hahaha)

The .gif I was talking about was for the avatar. The upload allows for an image upload not .gif as what I have loaded is a .gif but it only shows an image. It does automatically resize which is good cause I can't find a 100x100 version. When I try to load from a url, the size is too big and I can't find a 100x100 version as previously said. I've also said, this is not in any way a deal breaker, Matt Foley should be universally recognized by people who I enjoy talking to anyway. Also getting signatures back for one of my favorite movie quotes is a plus too.

Nesting comments or replies is where it takes a reply to a comment and makes another tier in the thread. It replaces the need to quote, the reply is basically a sub-post of the targeted comment that has it's own open and hide up and down arrows.

[Image: Nested-reply-1.png]

[Image: Nested-reply-2.png]

Hopefully the explanation and images help. If you have any other questions about it I'll try to explain better.
Like Reply
I am not a fan of nested to facebook ish , I like the old school message board like this. CNNSI days of the early 2000's
Like Reply
(09-15-2019, 07:59 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: I am not a fan of nested to facebook ish , I like the old school message board like this. CNNSI days of the early 2000's
Not very often I agree with ya, but I back you 100%.

Old school message board like this just works for me as well. A system that has stood the test of time since the early days of the internet.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 03:49 PM)Magickian Wrote: I will need help Modding and I am willing to give my number to a couple too... this way, if something comes up that is urgent yall are welcome to text me, and then I can get on the site and try to fix things in a more timely manner.

The quote feature here is awesome. I can help with modding if you need more help as well Magic. I work on my pc everyday, check this site daily; so i am game if you ever need.
Like Reply
(09-15-2019, 08:44 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 07:59 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: I am not a fan of nested to facebook ish , I like the old school message board like this. CNNSI days of the early 2000's
Not very often I agree with ya, but I back you 100%.

Old school message board like this just works for me as well. A system that has stood the test of time since the early days of the internet.

Best thing is, no algorhythm determines the order of posts an replies it is simply sorted by time. The only way how to have a proper discussion is ordered by time!
Like Reply