Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
11 91.67%
Cavaliers
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME 6: DAL (4-2) @ CLE (2-4) | 131-111 win | 3-0 on the road since 10-11
(11-03-2019, 09:56 PM)j0Shi Wrote: Bullets:

KP's stat line looks fine, but he still is completely out of sync and doesn't look to play within the flow of the offense at all. All he gets is post touches, which stop the ball movement. That's too much iso "New York" KP for my taste. Mavs must do better there.

Completely agree he is not in the flow at all but the encouraging thing is a) he still is getting the job done b) awesome defensively c) Rick will figure it out eventually.

I wish the team would look to get him more post-ups when he's out there. I saw him position himself in the paint one time and for whatever reason Brunson swung the ball back around to THJ on the other side who took a contested 3. Dirk was so effective in the post for so long, I don't see why KP can't do the exact same thing. Dirk would get fouled a ton because the opposing player would have to play so close as to keep Dirk from getting his shot off uncontested. KP has a good jumper and better handles than even young Dirk had, I don't know why he isn't doing this 5 times a game. Instead he mostly jacks up 3's.
Completely agree he is not in the flow at all but the encouraging thing is a) he still is getting the job done b) awesome defensively c) Rick will figure it out eventually.

I wish the team would look to get him more post-ups when he's out there. I saw him position himself in the paint one time and for whatever reason Brunson swung the ball back around to THJ on the other side who took a contested 3. Dirk was so effective in the post for so long, I don't see why KP can't do the exact same thing. Dirk would get fouled a ton because the opposing player would have to play so close as to keep Dirk from getting his shot off uncontested. KP has a good jumper and better handles than even young Dirk had, I don't know why he isn't doing this 5 times a game. Instead he mostly jacks up 3's.

Powell is a mixed bag right now. Looks good offensively but defense he is still easy pickins. I think long-term he cannot be a starting center on a contending team. He is a good 6th man type big that will get you a lot of easy buckets and hustle plays. To me Maxi is much more important to this thing.

I also hope Wright gets more minutes and more comfortable with the starting unit. If he needs to be 6th man short term I am good with that but for us to get really good he needs to be a starter.

I'd like to see eventually Wright, DFS, Luka, KP, Maxi for a really big, defensive starting 5.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6: DAL (4-2) @ CLE (2-4) | 131-111 win | 3-0 on the road since 10-11 - by StepBackJay - 11-04-2019, 09:24 AM