Poll: Are you concerned about Jalen Brunson?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, absolutely
26.23%
16 26.23%
Not at all
62.30%
38 62.30%
I don't know
11.48%
7 11.48%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jalen 'Can He Play Alongside Luka?' Brunson
(11-13-2019, 09:33 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 09:15 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I agree. When it feels like I'm being critical it's rather me trying to be analytical.

I'm not anti-critical. Critical thinking is important and in demand. We should all analyze and critique all the time, and do so constructively if possible. And it's best if we start and end with constructively instructing ourselves! :-)

The parts of being critical that I don't like are:
-when emotion leads and thoughtfulness is an afterthought
-when conclusions are stated definitively and prematurely without consideration given to the time needed for growth and for a process to play out
-when the only evidence that's presented in a post is that which reinforces the poster's preconceived notions, with no consideration given to the evidence that points in a different direction.
You guys take this way too seriously. It’s a basketball forum.  I expect a ton of "hot sports opinions."

I expect when I’m wrong about something basketball related to be called out as a moron. I don’t take it personal. That’s how my friends and I operate. Maybe we’re all assholes.   I’ve been teasing Mavs2019 about Julius Randle forever. He’s not butthurt about it.  

Mak is the only person on here I actively dislike because he contributes nothing other than trolling.  That and he would abuse his mod powers to troll.
Like Reply
He's seriously regressed so far this year. I hope it's just a sophomore slump because the Mavs need him to be a legit rotation player and a pressure reliever for Luka.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 07:09 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: You guys take this way too seriously. It’s a basketball forum. I expect a ton of "hot sports opinions."

I expect when I’m wrong about something basketball related to be called out as a moron. I don’t take it personal. That’s how my friends and I operate. Maybe we’re all assholes. I’ve been teasing Mavs2019 about Julius Randle forever. He’s not butthurt about it.

We're just from different worlds.

I don't think I'm taking this stuff any more seriously than you. I don't mock people or expect mockery. I'll make fun of myself for getting something wrong, and have friends where we'll make fun of each other for stuff, but I don't expect someone that I don't know well to think it's funny if I call them an idiot. And I prefer good discussion to mindless hot takes any day.

But hey, whatever, I like some stuff you say about basketball. So there's that.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 10:48 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Maybe we’re all assholes.

Wait, jesusshuttlesworth82 said the above. Anyway, who knows, maybe we all are but we are all Mavs Fans for Life.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
LOL!!!!!
Like Reply
Jalen "Bench Him for Barea" Brunson:

Best net rating on the team, best defensive rating, and second best Player Efficiency Rating on the team at 17.7, which categorizes him as a "Third Offensive Option."
Like Reply
Looking forward to maybe more Brunson tonight.
Like Reply
Brunson will play more because wright is out.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 07:11 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Brunson will play more because wright is out.

You must be a new Mavs fan. I recommend reading "The Assassination of Tayshaun Prince By The Coward Rick Carlisle" for starters.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 07:12 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 07:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:32 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 03:55 PM)audiosway Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 12:54 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: He doesn't know his place yet. Same goes for most of the Mavs though.
They don't know how to play a flow offense yet with lots of ball movement. 
This is what I love the most about this team. They are this good and haven't even figured it out yet. They will be absolutely dominant once they do. Donnie has put together a beast of a team and now it's Rick's job to coach them up.  Once they gel and know their roles this is going to be a fun team to watch.
You ever get tired of this schtick?

Top 20 point guard in the nba lmao

audio doesn't do schtick

you ever get tired of being a jerk?

Barnes is going to be an all star. Mavs are gonna win 50. 
DSJ is gonna be one of the top 5 players in the NBA because he’s so alpha. Mavs are gonna win 50. 
DAJ was the missing piece. Mavs are gonna win 50. 
Brunson is a top 15-20 point guard. Mavs are going to be unstoppable. 

For his sake, I hope it’s a schtick. Otherwise it’s embarrassing. 

I call it like it is. I like and am positive to people when they post things that make sense.

Kamm usually brings the truth. Dirkisfan is an intelligent poster. There are a couple others like branduil. I’m sorry but I get tired of the middle schooler homer schtick. Carlisle sucks. Refs hate us. Overrating every Mavs player. Etc.

Do you ever get tired of standing up for idiots like Mak? Just asking
So, are you saying that you don't think this Mavs team will be dominant once they gel? You don't think they will be that good? They are currently the 3 seed in the West and have beaten almost every team in the top 8.

You must be fun at parties telling people about all of the times they were wrong. lol. Because I'm sure you've never been wrong.
Like Reply
Jalen is fine. Has the right attitude and seems like a system-type player.

JJ has been able to bring some energy off the bench whenever the team needed a boost, it just didn't work out tonight.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 12:45 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 07:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote: audio doesn't do schtick

I endorse this perspective.

Audio, please don't leave because someone doesn't like your opinions.
Nah. I wouldn't do that. I don't take any of it personally. That's what this place is for after all right? To let everyone voice their opinions. His included. Besides, I'll be the first to admit I've pumped sunshine in the past. I had to do something to keep interested in the team. They were just so mediocre. I'm just not usually a negative person. Life is too short for all of that.
Like Reply
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

Brunson ranked #20 in RPM...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-18-2019, 08:22 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

Brunson ranked #20 in RPM...

The team is 3.5 pp100 better when Jalen is on the floor compared to when he isn't (82games.com).  The O is worse, but the D is much better when he plays.  That is REALLY hard to do when you essentially play opposite a star player.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NovaMBB/status/1207018047682334720
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-18-2019, 12:52 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/NovaMBB/status/1207018047682334720
Congratulations young man!
Like Reply
I keep seeing this thread with the topic title and I've been meaning to ask...The Apostle?
Like Reply
Nothing Holy about that performance tonight.

At this point, Brunson is a quality backup who really needs to grow his decision making in pressure situations.  Not to say he necessarily has to be off the court in clutch scenarios, but he can’t be as the primary ball handler right now when the game is on the line.
Like Reply
(12-19-2019, 12:07 AM)DrMav Wrote: Nothing Holy about that performance tonight.

At this point, Brunson is a quality backup who really needs to grow his decision making in pressure situations.  Not to say he necessarily has to be off the court in clutch scenarios, but he can’t be as the primary ball handler right now when the game is on the line.

Did anyone really think he is more than that? It is what it is and it is great value for a rookie minimum salary
Like Reply
(12-19-2019, 07:27 AM)omahen Wrote: Did anyone really think he is more than that? It is what it is and it is great value for a rookie minimum salary
I think evaluating Brunson with his basketball pedigree thus far (NCAA player of the Year, 2x National Champion) and below-average athletic measurables by NBA standards, you would expect to find a guy that gets by on his BBIQ and making the right play that another player wouldn't.

I think that's what we get for the most part which makes it striking to see his BBIQ flee from him in situations where it is needed most.
Like Reply