Poll: Are you concerned about Jalen Brunson?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, absolutely
26.23%
16 26.23%
Not at all
62.30%
38 62.30%
I don't know
11.48%
7 11.48%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jalen 'Can He Play Alongside Luka?' Brunson
Way too hyped and is struggling with his role. He isn't used to be a roleplayer. He is used to be a leader.

I don't feel the enamorment with him.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 01:59 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Way too hyped and is struggling with his role. He isn't used to be a roleplayer. He is used to be a leader.

Interesting. I thought he played great the past two games, tbh.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 01:59 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Way too hyped and is struggling with his role. He isn't used to be a roleplayer. He is used to be a leader.

Too much Brunson hype? Lol you're reaching a bit Mr./Mrs. "hi I'm from Germany."  

FWIW (probably not much) he has the best defensive rating on the team, and the best overall on/off numbers on the team at +19.3; he is honestly a consistent 3PT shot, and less THJ playing time away from being a key piece to this team. 

He is a high bball IQ, winning player. Still only 23 years old in his second NBA season, he will be more than fine. But Carlisle might have something to say about that.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 02:27 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:

Too much Brunson hype? Lol you're reaching a bit Mr./Mrs. "hi I'm from Germany."

FWIW (probably not much) he has the best defensive rating on the team, and the best overall on/off numbers on the team at +19.3; he is honestly a consistent 3PT shot, and less THJ playing time away from being a key piece to this team.

He is a high bball IQ, winning player. Still only 23 years old in his second NBA season, he will be more than fine. But Carlisle might have something to say about that.

LOL, Carlisle loves Brunson.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 02:27 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:

Too much Brunson hype? Lol you're reaching a bit Mr./Mrs. "hi I'm from Germany."  

What has my country of origin to do with anything?
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:55 PM)audiosway Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 12:54 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: He doesn't know his place yet. Same goes for most of the Mavs though.
They don't know how to play a flow offense yet with lots of ball movement. 
This is what I love the most about this team. They are this good and haven't even figured it out yet. They will be absolutely dominant once they do. Donnie has put together a beast of a team and now it's Rick's job to coach them up.  Once they gel and know their roles this is going to be a fun team to watch.
You ever get tired of this schtick?

Top 20 point guard in the nba lmao
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 06:32 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 12:54 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: He doesn't know his place yet. Same goes for most of the Mavs though.
This is what I love the most about this team. They are this good and haven't even figured it out yet. They will be absolutely dominant once they do. Donnie has put together a beast of a team and now it's Rick's job to coach them up.  Once they gel and know their roles this is going to be a fun team to watch.

audio doesn't do schtick

you ever get tired of being a jerk?
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 07:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

audio doesn't do schtick

Barnes is going to be an all star. Mavs are gonna win 50. 
DSJ is gonna be one of the top 5 players in the NBA because he’s so alpha. Mavs are gonna win 50. 
DAJ was the missing piece. Mavs are gonna win 50. 
Brunson is a top 15-20 point guard. Mavs are going to be unstoppable. 

For his sake, I hope it’s a schtick. Otherwise it’s embarrassing. 

I call it like it is. I like and am positive to people when they post things that make sense.

Kamm usually brings the truth. Dirkisfan is an intelligent poster. There are a couple others like branduil. I’m sorry but I get tired of the middle schooler homer schtick. Carlisle sucks. Refs hate us. Overrating every Mavs player. Etc.

Do you ever get tired of standing up for idiots like Mak? Just asking
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 07:12 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 07:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

audio doesn't do schtick

Barnes is going to be an all star. Mavs are gonna win 50. 
DSJ is gonna be one of the top 5 players in the NBA because he’s so alpha. Mavs are gonna win 50. 
DAJ was the missing piece. Mavs are gonna...

Ha ha! I ask if you get tired of being a jerk and you respond by calling someone an idiot. I guess I have my answer.

I have my content preferences too but I guess I have more tolerance for stuff that errs on the side of hope. The current predominant stance of the forum that has no patience for the team to grow, but decides that everyone sucks 10 games in is what bugs me.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 10:42 PM)balldontliez Wrote: fif, id like to have a word with you. What’s the best way to message you?

Sure pal. I sent you a pm
Like Reply
It is not that he is a bad player, but that he has many apologetics.

He doesn't play within himself and is pressing it THjr style from time to time.

If he plays within himself he is great. He has the tools.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 03:41 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: It is not that he is a bad player, but that he has many apologetics.

He doesn't play within himself and is pressing it THjr style from time to time.

If he plays within himself he is great. He has the tools.

+41 +77 +6
1000 times this.
Like Reply
It's amazing we are 6:4 with bad oncourt chemistry.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 07:56 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: It's amazing we are 6:4 with bad oncourt chemistry.

Part of the reason that the Mavs are 6 - 4 is that the chemistry isn't always bad. They go through stretches of playing quite well together.

Another part of the 6 - 4 equation is Luka. When your best player plays like an MVP candidate, you're going to win some games even when the supporting cast is struggling. 

This is why I'm excited: I believe that Rick will guide this team to a place, at some point this season, where Luka's greatness will be assisted by a cohesive supporting cast and a well functioning co-star. But building greatness takes time. This is complex stuff these guys are trying do together. I don't know how long the process will take, and I hope they can keep winning during the process, but I think this thing will come together.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 09:05 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 07:56 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: It's amazing we are 6:4 with bad oncourt chemistry.

Part of the reason that the Mavs are 6 - 4 is that the chemistry isn't always bad. They go through stretches of playing quite well together.

Another part of the 6 - 4 equation is Luka. When your best player plays like an MVP candidate, you're going to win some games even when the supporting cast is struggling. 

This is why I'm excited: I believe that Rick will guide this team to a place, at some point this season, where Luka's greatness will be assisted by a cohesive supporting cast and a well functioning co-star. But building greatness takes time. This is complex stuff these guys are trying do together. I don't know how long the process will take, and I hope they can keep winning during the process, but I think this thing will come together.

I agree. When it feels like I'm being critical it's rather me trying to be analytical. My focus is more on observation and desfription it's not so much about making final judgments.

I see a lot of potential if they indeed can work it out. 
Dallas feels like a team making the playoffs but not being a good playoff team as of yet.

If they manage to find / determine roles, they can be amazing. 

They definitely do not lack individual ability.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 09:15 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I agree. When it feels like I'm being critical it's rather me trying to be analytical.

I'm not anti-critical. Critical thinking is important and in demand. We should all analyze and critique all the time, and do so constructively if possible. And it's best if we start and end with constructively instructing ourselves! :-)

The parts of being critical that I don't like are:
-when emotion leads and thoughtfulness is an afterthought
-when conclusions are stated definitively and prematurely without consideration given to the time needed for growth and for a process to play out
-when the only evidence that's presented in a post is that which reinforces the poster's preconceived notions, with no consideration given to the evidence that points in a different direction.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 09:33 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 09:15 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I agree. When it feels like I'm being critical it's rather me trying to be analytical.

I'm not anti-critical. Critical thinking is important and in demand. We should all analyze and critique all the time, and do so constructively if possible. And it's best if we start and end with constructively instructing ourselves! :-)

The parts of being critical that I don't like are:
-when emotion leads and thoughtfulness is an afterthought
-when conclusions are stated definitively and prematurely without consideration given to the time needed for growth and for a process to play out
-when the only evidence that's presented in a post is that which reinforces the poster's preconceived notions, with no consideration given to the evidence that points in a different direction.

Well one would have to read more than just one given post of a poster. To gets a more thorough impression.

It's not feasible to repeat all points pro and con in detail. Neither is defining constructs first. That's an ideal world which will never happen.

Interpretation further depends on ones own state of mind, so if someone is more emotional that person interpretes texts more emotional. 

It's super difficult. Well we will work it out somehow.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 09:44 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Well one would have to read more than just one given post of a poster. To gets a more thorough impression.

It's not feasible to repeat all points pro and con in detail. Neither is defining constructs first. That's an ideal world which will never happen.

Interpretation further depends on ones own state of mind, so if someone is more emotional that person interpretes texts more emotional. 

It's super difficult. Well we will work it out somehow.

Well, sometimes what you're saying is very much in play. Fortunately we have conversations here. Folks are not limited to one stand alone post. And you're right, communication involves messages given and interpreted. It's a difficult, sometimes impossible process. But we'll attempt this communication thing nonetheless. And I, without apology, will continue to recommend things like thoughtfulness and consideration.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 07:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote: audio doesn't do schtick

I endorse this perspective.

Audio, please don't leave because someone doesn't like your opinions.
Like Reply
I totally support Fifteenth's perspective above. I also don't want any of our good posters to leave and Audio is definitely a good poster. 

As for being analytical: This is obviously a good thing but when preparing to post, it is like reviewing the data gathered, one still has to decide how to post (or present) one's data. That is indeed the hard part because preconceived positions, positive or negative preferences, strong emotionality (often caused by a loss), and other things can prevent the quality and true analysis of the data. 

Yes!!!!! We are all called to try to be objective when we post and we are even more called to be patient with each other. That is always true. But for a Maverick fan website, if we want to be the best...and we do....we have to contribute to the enjoyment of this sight precisely because we all care about being Mav Fans.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply