Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
41.67%
5 41.67%
Bulls
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (7-4) @ CHI (8-3) | 107-117 loss
Insufficient amounts of Frank, ime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BackToSquareOne's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 09:12 PM)BackToSquareOne Wrote: Insufficient amounts of Frank

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Who is this #77 guy and what has de done with Luka?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Man, we really need the old Luka back...like in the third quarter.

But, how about we end the no-pass possessions taking a difficult long range shot....and hustle back on defense. 

The starting lineup continues to be a problem....and will always be imo.  But I am wondering if the problems are bigger than just removing a starting big from that lineup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 09:19 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Who is this #77 guy and what has de done with Luka?

[Image: single-tear.gif]
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 09:19 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The starting lineup continues to be a problem

It needs a massive upgrade at one spot, maybe two (and old Luka back).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
A phrase I thought I would never say:

I wish Luka could shoot like Lonzo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
1.Porzingis and Powell together doesn´t work.
2. Powell is not a starter against average and above teams.

I wonder what the solution to this very difficult riddle could be. Cry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Brunson is giving them nothing...Caruso is shutting him down while scoring with ease
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 09:49 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Brunson is giving them nothing...Caruso is shutting him down while scoring with ease

Caruso is so good at team basketball. Just criminally underrated even with a cult following.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Game has turned into a rout...Bulls are legit.
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 09:45 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: 2. Powell is not a starter against average and above teams.

Fixed.
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 09:49 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Brunson is giving them nothing...Caruso is shutting him down while scoring with ease

Brunson can be shutdown, and we all know it. When teams start laying off from fat Luka who seems to be slacking at this point, and then start focusing on Brunson, the dude will struggle.
Like Reply
Dosunmu, 38th pick this year. Already done more in three weeks than Green, Bey, Terry have in their whole careers. It has to be a skill to be this bad at drafting. The other teams should hire the Mavs as reverse draft consultants. Sick
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 10:00 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Game has turned into a rout...Bulls are legit.

Nah, the Mavs just aren't really that good with a slacking fat Luka, a DFS who has forgotten how to shoot and Frankie not being able to see the floor enough. If 2 out of 3 of these had better results, the Mavs are in this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Bulls just too much talent, great job by their GM putting that roster together...compared to these Mavs!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 10:14 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Bulls just too much talent, great job by their GM

I was dead wrong about them. I thought they really screwed up this offseason, especially with DeRozan....looking good though.
Like Reply
[Image: 5tqxof.jpg]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(11-10-2021, 10:17 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I was dead wrong about them. I thought they really screwed up this offseason, especially with DeRozan....looking good though.

They obtained Vucevic, Ball, Derozan, Ball and Caruso to go with LaVine.  Even if the parts don't fit together perfectly, that's way too much versatile talent to get them too and be dangerous in the playoffs.

Now look at what the Mavs did the past two seasons.  This team needs to be blown up.

(11-10-2021, 10:26 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: [Image: 5tqxof.jpg]

Add Brown, Bullock, Burke and Green.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
I wish they can find a way to trade for Theis. We need a better center rotation. KP is not a center although there are advantages offensively in playing him at the 5.

My idea is to get Theis and start him. Play Luka at the 4 on defense. Play Frankie more minutes off the bench.

Starting line up:

PG Luka (16 mins)
SG THJ (32mins)
SF DFS (16 mins)
PF KP (32 mins)
C Theis (24 mins)

2nd Unit:
PG Brunson (32 mins)
SG Frankie (16 mins)
SF Bullock (16 mins)
PF Luka (16 mins)
C Maxi (24 minutes)

Maxi/Theis combo can rim-run or pop for the three. Can guard centers and perimeter players when needed. Has lots of energy. Can protect the paint.

KP will be playing the 4 most of the time but can switch if needed.

Brunson provides the second playmaker/scorer needed.

THJ is needed to space the floor and to provide a constant offensive threat.

DFS/RB provides constant 3&D.

Frankie provides 3&D and a little ball handling /playmaking.

Luka is the main guy, of course. But you strategically play him at the 4 defensively. He is better as a post defender and can still defend the perimeter. If matched with a 4, his skills will be definitely be a mismatch.
Like Reply