Poll: Brunson:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Start
65.22%
30 65.22%
Bench
8.70%
4 8.70%
Trade
26.09%
12 26.09%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
BRUNSON BURNER: to NYK for 4yrs/$104M (no SnT) | NYK docked 2025 2nd for tampering
[Image: FWiAs8yWYAU-Wcq?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 5 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, Jmaciscool, Mavsfan12, MrGoat, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/status/...8588851200
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:42 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Nah we're fine. JB was criminally overrated around here. Played like shit next to Luka after he returned from injury. Super inefficient and atrocious on defense. Luka not being suspended for his 16th tech cost us this trade piece. He got to go off like Reggie Jackson did without Kawhi against a trash Utah team with a long history of playoff failure.

We are not fine. We lost one of the few desirable assets on this team for nothing. It’s not like this team has a history of finding or developing such talent. Even his salary being gone is not creating any space for us. So we can’t even say that. 

They should have traded him at the deadline if they knew they were not going to do whatever it takes to get him back. They could have got a pick or a player. That is not fine.
[-] The following 6 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • Branduil, burekemde, dirkfansince1998, Fuerza1, KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Boweman55/status/154...32192?s=20&t=JQs8zDGIN4VByXs8iiFNHw
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • Fuerza1, omahen
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:42 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Nah we're fine. JB was criminally overrated around here. Played like shit next to Luka after he returned from injury. Super inefficient and atrocious on defense. Luka not being suspended for his 16th tech cost us this trade piece. He got to go off like Reggie Jackson did without Kawhi against a trash Utah team with a long history of playoff failure.

Yeah. I always liked JB but he is massively overrated. GS abused him in that series. If Dallas could somehow get GPII away from them that would be a huge upgrade. Mavs blew this one by not locking him up on a cheaper deal or trading him when they could.

JB is going to be exposed with the Knicks. He's not a $100 million dollar player. His best comparison in my eyes is Derrick Fisher. Again, not a $100 million dollar player.

Mavs need guys who know their roles. Not ones who want bigger roles than they have. (and should have)

And it's what I had a feeling it was. According to Shams: Brunson informed the Dallas Mavericks of his plans. The Mavericks were never given a chance to make an offer to Brunson.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 3 users Like audiosway's post:
  • BigDirk41, Kammrath, MrGoat
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1542627736514170880
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, Mavsfan12, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1542627736514170880

Like I said the other day, Knicks doing Knick things. I would file charges and get a pick taken away or something.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:56 PM)audiosway Wrote: Like I said the other day, Knicks doing Knick things. I would file charges and get a pick taken away or something.

Just give us our 23 pick back and we'll call it even.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Brunson literally makes the entire Mavs FO fly out, and then doesn't even give them a chance to make a pitch?

Yeah he can go fuck himself. I hope the team circles the calendar when the Knicks plays and makes sure that Brunson realizes he made the wrong choice. 

Big head
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:48 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: We are not fine. We lost one of the few desirable assets on this team for nothing. It’s not like this team has a history of finding or developing such talent. Even his salary being gone is not creating any space for us. So we can’t even say that. 

They should have traded him at the deadline if they knew they were not going to do whatever it takes to get him back. They could have got a pick or a player. That is not fine.

He's not desirable at this price point. That's the point. I'm not disagreeing that we should have traded him earlier. But that's too late now, keeping him at that price would have been gross
[-] The following 3 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...6767905792
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Crying about tampering, after it is obvious for years that tampering is full scale going on by everybody? Sure, the Knicks were a bit too open about it which could cost them a pick. But who thinks they care about that? They got what they wanted, Mavs didn't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...6767905792

I agree with the poster that said just get us our 23rd pick back and we'll be good. JB got a big head from playing well against Utah. I wish him the best. Just hope he takes care of that money and all. Because (the Knicks)...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...1629666304
Like Reply
Congrats Jalen. The Knicks tampered fair and square.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Everything is fine. Already in the TAX, plenty of upgrades to be had.

https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/stat...0256120834
[-] The following 2 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • hakeemfaan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:58 PM)MrGoat Wrote: He's not desirable at this price point. That's the point. I'm not disagreeing that we should have traded him earlier. But that's too late now, keeping him at that price would have been gross

Then trade him earlier. That’s what smart mgmt does. You know why we never seem to have the assets to swing a trade when a KD or some other star is available?  It’s because of poor asset mgmt like this where we keep losing out on chances to get picks or players who might mean something. At least there is a chance there than the empty air we get when an asset walks away for nothing. 

Sure as long as Luka is there we will be fun to watch. However treating another poor asset management fiasco as not a big deal by just focusing on the final act and saying let’s not overpay is why Luka will also be moving out in a couple of years.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:10 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Everything is fine. Already in the TAX, plenty of upgrades to be had.

https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/stat...0256120834

That's a hilarious tweet.

Is it bad that I kind of like Javale McGee though?

(06-30-2022, 05:12 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Then trade him earlier. That’s what smart mgmt does.

What value do you think Brunson would have had as an upcoming free agent with one of the worst kept secrets that the Knicks are about to overpay him by 10 mil a year? 

His contract meant that he'd have to be attached to another guy as well. Deals aren't as easy as that. 

Brunson was a good solid option. I'd still have him ranked 4th most important on this team in terms of actually getting wins. 2 big games against a non-existent Jazz defense in the playoffs shouldn't change that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 04:58 PM)MrGoat Wrote: He's not desirable at this price point. That's the point. I'm not disagreeing that we should have traded him earlier. But that's too late now, keeping him at that price would have been gross

Disagree'd. Some new numbers: Anfernee Simons $25M annually, Tyus Jones $15M annually, Batum $11M annually, Monk $10M annually. Brunson's contract is easily a valuable commodity. 

Also: the cap will increase by quite a lot soon. 

Looks like Brunson was just sick of not being valued by "his" team. I can't blame him. The Mavs NEVER prioritized him even when they had no better options.
[-] The following 7 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • Fuerza1, hakeemfaan, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, Mavsfan12, omahen, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2022, 05:12 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Then trade him earlier. That’s what smart mgmt does. You know why we never seem to have the assets to swing a trade when a KD or some other star is available?  It’s because of poor asset mgmt like this where we keep losing out on chances to get picks or players who might mean something. At least there is a chance there than the empty air we get when an asset walks away for nothing. 

Sure as long as Luka is there we will be fun to watch. However treating another poor asset management fiasco as not a big deal by just focusing on the final act and saying let’s not overpay is why Luka will also be moving out in a couple of years.

I wonder what was on the table at the TDL.  NY prolly already new they had him, and most of the NBA probably suspected.  Maybe there was no value to have in a trade.  Without him we don't make it out of the first round.  Maybe what we did was the best option given the circumstances.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply