Poll: Brunson:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Start
65.22%
30 65.22%
Bench
8.70%
4 8.70%
Trade
26.09%
12 26.09%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
BRUNSON BURNER: to NYK for 4yrs/$104M (no SnT) | NYK docked 2025 2nd for tampering
(11-14-2021, 02:02 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Agree that a blockbuster trade would open up more options. 

Sounds like you might be in the group that thinks that KP has a positive trade value, or at least will get to that point before the deadline if he keeps playing like he did in the last game.

I'm a Mavs fan, so I know how this works in the scenario that KP plays like he did last night for most of the next 30 games - 

1) they decide to keep him and he suffers a Wall injury a game after the deadline; or

2) they trade him, he becomes a healthy superstar, and the stuff we traded him for all busts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(11-14-2021, 05:06 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm a Mavs fan, so I know how this works in the scenario that KP plays like he did last night for most of the next 30 games - 

1) they decide to keep him and he suffers a Wall injury a game after the deadline; or

2) they trade him, he becomes a healthy superstar, and the stuff we traded him for all busts.

LOL, I hear you.
Like Reply
I guess we will now see what Brunson can do as a starting PG.  Will Kidd stay with the other starters, Powell, KP, DFS, THJ and now Brunson?  Or will be start the 5 out lineup of KP, DFS, Bullock, THJ and Bronson?

Also, this should mean more time for Ntilikina.
[-] The following 2 users Like chaparral's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-16-2021, 08:05 PM)chaparral Wrote: Also, this should mean more time for Ntilikina.

I would be shocked if it didn't, and I'm pretty excited about that, myself (though not enough to be glad Luka will miss time, of course).
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Should we call up Carlik?
Like Reply
In the last 7 games (Mavs are 5-2), Brunson is averaging 19/5/5 per game. His on/off impact rating is at a whopping +31. Are those good numbers for a player who is "not a playmaker" and a "bad defender?" Asking for a fellow MFFL. 

The next highest on/off rating amongst rotation players during this stretch is Bullock at a +14. 

For further perspective, Luka is at a -31 in these last 7 games, completely flipped. Make that as you will.
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 10:28 AM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Brunson is averaging 19/5/5 per game. His on/off impact rating is at a whopping +31.

You gotta be feeling pretty good these days Fuerza!
Like Reply
I think this next little stretch without Luka is going to define what we have in JB and Frank.

Not to be a downer...I love the Frank signing and think he might be a 3andD guy...but I have a feeling Frank will disappoint running the point behind JB.
Like Reply
(11-16-2021, 08:05 PM)chaparral Wrote: I guess we will now see what Brunson can do as a starting PG.  Will Kidd stay with the other starters, Powell, KP, DFS, THJ and now Brunson?  Or will be start the 5 out lineup of KP, DFS, Bullock, THJ and Bronson?

Also, this should mean more time for Ntilikina.

I'm guessing its more likely we stay with the big lineup as we are already losing size going from Luka to Brunson.

More time for Frank is good.  More time for Frank at the point, maybe not so good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 12:06 PM)mvossman Wrote: More time for Frank is good.  More time for Frank at the point, maybe not so good.

I mean, I agree, but...he has looked so much better than I expected on offense, even in a creator role, that part of me expects him to break out during this stretch. 

You're probably right, but I am SO intrigued by Ntilikina. I think there's a chance I might've been guilty of criminally underrating the guy. I wanted him, but I didn't know he'd be THIS. I hope it's not a mirage, and he's really this good!
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 12:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I might've been guilty of criminally underrating the guy

[Image: i-see-what-you-did-there]
Like Reply
I'm going to celebrate if Brunson and Frank play great tonight!

But I'd like to issue an advisory: 

Don't get too disappointed if the team, including Brunson and Frank, struggle a bit without their best player.
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Tonight we see the return of bubble Burke.  Wait, did he show up for his screening?
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 12:53 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Don't get too disappointed if the team, including Brunson and Frank, struggle a bit without their best player.

Wait...

I thought sitting Luka, with his bad +/- stat, would be a gain for the team. JB is the one with all the + games, so DAL offense should really take off. Right?
[-] The following 4 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 01:47 PM)michaeltex Wrote: I thought sitting Luka, with his bad +/- stat, would be a gain for the team. JB is the one with all the + games, so DAL offense should really take off. Right?

Well, to be fair, I think @"Kammrath" has been unfairly criticized for his recent Luka takes, which really haven't approached the meanings that have been taken from them. 

But, I do wonder what we're about to see without Luka. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a couple of players take off during this time and the team seems a bit more "on the same page," especially if KP continues to play well (big ass if). 

I ALSO wouldn't be surprised if they lose by 30 tonight, due in large part to Luka's absence. 

It will be interesting, imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 01:47 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Wait...

I thought sitting Luka, with his bad +/- stat, would be a gain for the team. JB is the one with all the + games, so DAL offense should really take off. Right?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I’ve put on a good face when it comes to 23/9/2. I was at one point starting to believe I had criminally overrated his ability to put up numbers. He’s helped me feel better about the prediction recently. If Luka is out for a few games, there’s a chance he gets his season numbers in-line with that prediction!!! Hopefully he gets ahead of them!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 01:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If Luka is out for a few games, there’s a chance he gets his season numbers in-line with that prediction!!!

That would be awesome! Hopefully someone can get the ball to him in good spots where he doesn't have to do things that take a long time. That seems to be when bad KP appears.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 01:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’ve put on a good face when it comes to 23/9/2. I was at one point starting to believe I had criminally overrated his ability to put up numbers. He’s helped me feel better about the prediction recently. If Luka is out for a few games, there’s a chance he gets his season numbers in-line with that prediction!!! Hopefully he gets ahead of them!

I don't think the numbers are crazy AT ALL, especially with how he has looked lately. 

I'm still not sold that what it takes to put those numbers up is the right path to choose if winning is the desired destination, and I definitely don't think I'm in danger of losing the All-Star bet. But, I'm not meaning to stone the guy (for now). I'm legitimately happy that he's back to contributing ANYTHING, to be brutally honest. There have been moments of good-to-great on both ends of the floor this season. 

Are my preconceived low expectations leading me to overrate his current level? Probably. Do I think he can sustain this for even half of one season? I'm honestly not sure, but that this is even in question for me is a monumental improvement, and enough for me to confidently say I missed the mark on KP by at least a little.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 02:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't think the numbers are crazy AT ALL, especially with how he has looked lately. 

I'm still not sold that what it takes to put those numbers up is the right path to choose if winning is the desired destination, and I definitely don't think I'm in danger of losing the All-Star bet. But, I'm not meaning to stone the guy (for now). I'm legitimately happy that he's back to contributing ANYTHING, to be brutally honest. There have been moments of good-to-great on both ends of the floor this season. 

Are my preconceived low expectations leading me to overrate his current level? Probably. Do I think he can sustain this for even half of one season? I'm honestly not sure, but that this is even in question for me is a monumental improvement, and enough for me to confidently say I missed the mark on KP by at least a little.
If he stays mostly healthy (not out for more than a couple games at a time) through the allstar selections AND gets to those numbers or better, he will at the very least be an allstar snub.
Like Reply