Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dennis Smith Jr. I hate to say it
Smith (personal) is expected to miss New York's upcoming two-game road trip, Ian Begley of SportsNet New York reports.

Guess we'll miss DSJ when the Knicks visit Dallas this week.

Interestingly his tweet suggests he's back but apparently not traveling.

I just don't see how DSJ ever makes it work in New York.

https://twitter.com/Dennis1SmithJr/statu...6764771329
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 11:25 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 02:23 PM)mtrot Wrote: "I feel bad for DSJ and hope he can get on an upward swing, but my opinion and impression is that he reminds me of Dwight Howard.  How so?  Well, in that he had it in his mind that he could rely on his overwhelming athleticism, and not so much on skill, hard work, and learning the NBA game. 

When you are that superior in strength and athleticism in high school/college, it's easy to be fooled into thinking you will be able to achieve the same level of success in the league.  But it doesn't work like that, at least not for very long, if at all."

I think I understand the point you're trying to make, but I hope you aren't actually saying they are comparable players? I think you're just comparing how they are both freak athletes. Like or hate Howard, his resume is close to hall of fame worthy. I know most don't remember that but look up his accolades. The man has accomplished a ton already. Most people just don't like Howard as a person and only remember his last several years. DSJ is a borderline bust as of this moment. I really hope he turns it around, but he's close to falling off the cliff as a player. 

With guys like Mitch Richmond all already in HOF and Ben Wallace almost getting in (probably will eventually). Howard’s resume is already HOF imo.
Like Reply
This isn't even a question. Dwight Howard is a lock, sure-fire, first ballot hall of famer and it isn't even worth taking anyone who argues otherwise seriously.
Like Reply
I remember the comments when I suggested we try to swing a DSJ for Issac trade last year.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 11:38 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I remember the comments when I suggested we try to swing a DSJ for Issac trade last year.

That was a great idea. There was just an irrational love for DSJ, that has now come back down to reality.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 11:38 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I remember the comments when I suggested we try to swing a DSJ for Issac trade last year.
Oh believe me, you were not the only one.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Like Reply

I was a huge naysayer for that trade. Thought Issac was 2 years away from being in China.

I was most definitely wrong, but the Mavs objectively got a much better deal for DSJ.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I won't mind him back in couple of years, won't be surprised if it happens either since he is a good friend with Luka.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 12:53 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:

I was a huge naysayer for that trade. Thought Issac was 2 years away from being in China.

I was most definitely wrong, but the Mavs objectively got a much better deal for DSJ.

yea, I’m happy with the KP trade but....

KP on a max deal
Lee contract
THJ contract

vs

Issac on a rookie deal and two first round picks

i think is close
Like Reply
Lee seems to be a happy bench cheerleader. Just overpaid but seems to be a good guy.

Honestly can't remember when the haves last had such good chemistry off the court. Team cohesion seems very strong. Mood is light on average.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 12:31 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Honestly can't remember when the haves last had such good chemistry off the court.

What do you mean? Last year when we had DeAndre Jordan, DSJ, HB, and Wes; chemistry was amazing.

https://streamable.com/zra9e

Man, look at how the bench reacts to Jordan pushing Luka. The vibe in the arena is so . . . dead. 

Man; i do not take fore granted what we are experiencing right now. lol

taking another close look at this; look at Mejri on the bench tap Kleber with his knee as soon as it happened. 

I must admit; Mavs did an amazing job in keeping all this in the locker room. That locker room must have been toxic.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 01:14 PM)iolide Wrote: Man, look at how the bench reacts to Jordan pushing Luka. The vibe in the arena is so . . . dead. 

Man; i do not take fore granted what we are experiencing right now. lol

taking another close look at this; look at Mejri on the bench tap Kleber with his knee as soon as it happened. 

I must admit; Mavs did an amazing job in keeping all this in the locker room. That locker room must have been toxic.

You know its funny, I always thought that the chemistry between Luka and DJ/Wes/HB was never really there. And something always seemed off. My concerns were most definitely confirmed when we had to watch DJ refuse to pass the ball to Luka and half ass defense. 

I'm sure the locker room wasn't great, but I guess we'll never know just how bad it really was, or if it was actually bad at all. Kudos to the Mavs AND DJ/Wes/HB for keeping it all within the locker room and not voicing displeasure with the media. 

I guess DSJ sitting out was the tipping point of the locker room boiling over last year.

Thankfully thats all in the past and we now have The European Union in Luka and Kristaps.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 01:14 PM)iolide Wrote: https://streamable.com/zra9e

Man, look at how the bench reacts to Jordan pushing Luka. 

LOL, who is that that sits up real straight all of a sudden?
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 01:30 PM)fifteenth Wrote: LOL, who is that that sits up real straight all of a sudden?

At first thought; i wanted to say Justin Jackson. But then i remembered this was pre-trades. So, maybe a Legends 2-way? 

I think that's actually Jalen Brunson.

Fuerza1 AKA OB1Force can tell us Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 01:30 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 01:14 PM)iolide Wrote: https://streamable.com/zra9e

Man, look at how the bench reacts to Jordan pushing Luka. 

LOL, who is that that sits up real straight all of a sudden?

Gotta be Brunson there haha

edit: beat me to it Iolide!
Like Reply
Chris Iseman (@ChrisIseman) Tweeted:

Dennis Smith Jr is flying to Dallas to rejoin the team today. https://twitter.com/ChrisIseman/status/1...79064?s=17
Like Reply
I hope the AAC shows him some love.  God knows he needs it.  I will always root for DSJ, even though he did us wrong.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 06:47 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I hope the AAC shows him some love.  God knows he needs it.  I will always root for DSJ, even though he did us wrong.

He made me buy a Mavs shirt with his name on it; for a while i did not do that. I was a fan and really hoped for his success. I think the whole city wanted that; then the rest is history.

But hey:

He was the voice in the wild that prepared the way for the one who's shoes he wouldn't be able to touch.
Like Reply
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/maveri...on-randle/
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 07:53 PM)iolide Wrote: He made me buy a Mavs shirt with his name on it; for a while i did not do that. I was a fan and really hoped for his success. I think the whole city wanted that; then the rest is history.
I remember last year up until his fallout business voting for Dirk, Luka, and DSJ for the All Star team. Every single day, multiple votes.

Dirk because he’s Dirk.

Luka because he’s amazing and deserved it.

And DSJ because I hoped that he could be something to help get us back as irrational as that seems now, though I guess he did help us land KP.
Like Reply