Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+4, 13 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 6 rbd)
3.70%
1 3.70%
DP (+5, 12 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 8 rbd)
11.11%
3 11.11%
THJ (+5, 16 pts, 2 stl, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+5, 23 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 10 ast, 8 rbd)
25.93%
7 25.93%
FN (+1, 12 pts, 1 stl, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
59.26%
16 59.26%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6 DIRKIE: Winner FN (59%) | Runner-up Luka (26%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his play to help the team win?
Like Reply
[Image: whJNlm_5hAhN1XL0gOZp8q0P0vlBkPzmyTfSpcDl...06e6f0bd0b]
Like Reply
Frank’s comin out party!
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/i3J4EfMciE.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Why can’t Frank be a starting guard alongside a superstar franchise player?
[-] The following 3 users Like Mak's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Kammrath, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-31-2021, 07:35 PM)Mak Wrote: Why can’t Frank be a starting guard alongside a superstar franchise player?

That's exactly his ceiling and probably the franchise's goal for him IMO.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41, embellisher, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Frank becoming a starting-caliber guard would be monumental for the evolution of this roster
[-] The following 1 user Likes MangaAfterDark's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-31-2021, 08:09 PM)MangaAfterDark Wrote: Frank becoming a starting-caliber guard would be monumental for the evolution of this roster

It would immediately change the outlook of the roster in a massive way. 

Having just ONE developmental/draft success goes SO FAR for roster building.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
With us working our reclamation magic on Frank, why not Bagley?
Like Reply
Well, especially since we've got him now, I've always wondered what's the deal with FN?  He looks pretty good playing for the Mavs...so far.  But I had to give my Dirkie to DP. 

The team didn't play pretty, but they played some gritty defense.  I like the win.
Like Reply
Gotta be Frank. Can he be this good? Could NY have misused and misjudged his talent this badly? He honestly looks like he could be the answer next to Luka, making Brunson easier to move for an upgrade, since he wants to be a starter anyway.
Like Reply
(11-01-2021, 01:47 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Well, especially since we've got him now, I've always wondered what's the deal with FN?  He looks pretty good playing for the Mavs...so far.  But I had to give my Dirkie to DP. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bcv3qdv7t9x643wjd55e...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(11-01-2021, 02:21 AM)embellisher Wrote: Gotta be Frank. Can he be this good? Could NY have misused and misjudged his talent this badly? He honestly looks like he could be the answer next to Luka, making Brunson easier to move for an upgrade, since he wants to be a starter anyway.

He has always had the talent and physical ability. Consistency and role were the issues IMO. It seems through work he has made himself more consistent and it seems that the Mavs coaches have nailed a role in which he can find regular success to gain confidence. That is one thing about RC that was really good IMO, that he worked to put guys in a place to succeed so he could build up their confidence as players. He didn't like to just throw them out there and have them fail.

One of the things about Frank in NYK working against him was that there was a LOT of love and expectation on him and the fans REALLY wanted him to be something more than he probably is. The expectations to be a "star" can be crippling to just finding your role as a support guy.
Like Reply
(11-01-2021, 08:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: One of the things about Frank in NYK working against him was that there was a LOT of love and expectation on him and the fans REALLY wanted him to be something more than he probably is. The expectations to be a "star" can be crippling to just finding your role as a support guy.

Yeah, when your position is listed as "PG" and you get drafted in the lottery by a team who hasn't had a good enough PG for like DECADES, it's probably pretty hard not to fall out of favor. I just don't think that's Ntilikina's game. Maybe if he had gotten better training at a younger age, but he's just never going to be the type of player Donnie used to refer to (comically, but here I am using it) as "quarterbacks." 

Having said all that, I absolutely think his offensive feel has improved since his first couple of seasons. Much more than I would have anticipated, actually.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Not to be a debbie downer, but if Frank does turn out to be awesome, we only signed him to a two year contract.  We don't have his bird rights.  How do we keep him?
Like Reply
(11-01-2021, 08:58 AM)mvossman Wrote: Not to be a debbie downer, but if Frank does turn out to be awesome, we only signed him to a two year contract.  We don't have his bird rights.  How do we keep him?

EB.  Same way Sacramento kept Holmes (same risk also).
Like Reply
(11-01-2021, 10:17 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: EB.  Same way Sacramento kept Holmes (same risk also).

So roughly the MLE.  Better hope he is not too good or we will lose him in two years.
Like Reply
[Image: G5PHHGYYJ5FATJMQS2W4DD6NBU.jpg]
Like Reply