Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Maxi
59.62%
31 59.62%
Jalen
15.38%
8 15.38%
Delon
1.92%
1 1.92%
Luka
0%
0 0%
KP
0%
0 0%
Seth
0%
0 0%
DFS
5.77%
3 5.77%
THJ
17.31%
9 17.31%
Justin
0%
0 0%
DP
0%
0 0%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4 DIRKIE: Winner Maxi (60%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" in DAL's road victory over the Nuggets (a team that was 9-0 in its last nine back to back games)?
Like Reply
Man. What a game. Honestly, the whole bench deserves this. I voted for maxi though. I thought he was very active tonight and changed the game a couple times. Luka was off though; he wasn't "there" today. 

We beat Denver, at their own home. 

Mavs are 3-1.

And it really could have been 4-0.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-29-2019, 10:33 PM)iolide Wrote: Luka was off though; he wasn't "there" today.

He looked...

1) Emotionally 20 years old.
2) Completely distracted by the no-calls by the refs.
Like Reply
Delon Wright due to his defense and those clutch smooth layups
Like Reply
Maxi for his defense alone but he also produced on offense. 14/7 on solid efficiency. Wish that his 3-ball returns but even without it he is a difference maker.
Jokic had a triple double but only score 10 points. Add 3 blocks...one of them in the last minute of the game.

Honorable mention for Brunson, Delon and THJ taking over on offense.
Like Reply
Many bench guys did well but Jalen made the plays and ran the team when they pulled away in the 4th.  Wow a win in Denver!
Like Reply
What the first four games have shown me is that the Mavs do, in spite of the hand-wringing this offseason, have five guys good enough to start - Luka, KP, Delon, Jalen, and Maxi. Seth, Powell, DFS, Jackson, and THJ make up an okay bench. Would still love to trade for another starter, especially if we can do it without losing Wright, Brunson, or Kleber.
Like Reply
Maxi 1a...

Bench Mob 1b...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Maxi both for his defense and offense.

The bench quality is there. We got solid 10 player rotation. I liked the starting unit, too. The will be much better when DP regains form and Delon gels better with the team. Go Mavs!
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 10:52 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Maxi 1a...

Bench Mob 1b...

Funny thing is that Maxi initially was part of the bench mob today. He was promoted and closed out the game because lineups with Powell couldn´t get a stop.
Like Reply
What a strange strange win.

If you told me that the Mavs would win a game in Denver where Luka and Kristaps combined for 7/26 from the field and had no 20+ points from anyone else I'd call you bonkers and refer you to a nice bridge in Brooklyn for sale. 

But it happened. For all its warts (and my complaining about said warts), the Mavs bench pulled through led by fantastic defense by Maxi, Kristaps, and Delon. A win is a win! Maxi for the Dirkie for the game saving block.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 10:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 10:52 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Maxi 1a...

Bench Mob 1b...

Funny thing is that Maxi initially was part of the bench mob today. He was promoted and closed out the game because lineups with Powell couldn´t get a stop.
I originally had type the rest of the Bench Mob but changed it due to Maxi closing...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
If I'm being honest it was Maxi but I had to throw Hardaway Jr some love. 
He was the scoring engine for a couple of our runs
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 11:00 PM)Jym Wrote: If I'm being honest it was Maxi but I had to throw Hardaway Jr some love. 

He gets my vote tonight for sure. I thought Mavs looked lost at times, praying for someone to bail them out, and he was the one to step up. 4/6 from three was HUGE tonight. 

His defense was actually pretty strong tonight too.

EDIT: also a team high +23
Like Reply
The silent Dirkie goes to THJ tonight, for me.

Led the team with a +23.  Co-led with an efficient 14-pts.

5 / 9 overall and 4 / 6 from deep + 3 rebounds + 2 assists and 1 steal (no turnovers).

Scoring kept us in the game when Denver could have pulled away.

Other guys were more visible, but I thought THJ was just as important.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 11:07 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 11:00 PM)Jym Wrote: If I'm being honest it was Maxi but I had to throw Hardaway Jr some love. 

He gets my vote tonight for sure. I thought Mavs looked lost at times, praying for someone to bail them out, and he was the one to step up. 4/6 from three was HUGE tonight. 

His defense was actually pretty strong tonight too.

EDIT: also a team high +23

If I had any skills when it comes to video editing I would make a tape about THJs offball defense. I don´t think I have seen a player that misses more rotations. At some point in the 3rd he was switched onto Jokic because the Mavs played bad transition defense. KP wanted to reswitch but THJ did not realize what was going on for nearly 10s. RC shouting, KP shouting, THJ lost. Thankfully the Nuggets failed to take advantage.

Mavs needed his offense today and he finally made some tough shots. Overall one of his better games.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 11:12 PM)dcon Wrote: The silent Dirkie goes to THJ tonight, for me.

Led the team with a +23.  Co-led with an efficient 14-pts.

5 / 9 overall and 4 / 6 from deep + 3 rebounds + 2 assists and 1 steal (no turnovers).

Scoring kept us in the game when Denver could have pulled away.

Other guys were more visible, but I thought THJ was just as important.
I voted THJ too. Maxi probably deserves it more, but he played hard defense and seemed in control on offense and I want to give him some credit since he’s going to be #1 in line at the whipping post most of the season. Also a team high in +/-
Like Reply
THJ for the Dirkie.  That’s something I never expected to write.
Like Reply
Tim and Jalen money today in O, but game was won with good D in 4qtr, so Maxi is the one!
Like Reply
Can’t believe the THJ love. To me, team looks appreciably worse with him on the court. Every time he comes in. 

Also can’t believe Doe-Doe isn’t getting mentions. That lockdown D on Jamal Murry last 6 mins, which also featured him defending Millsap and Jokic periodically, without once getting scored on. Add 12 points on just 7 shots, the 4th Q drive and dunk, and that crucial defensive rebound that turned into a jump ball because the refs won’t give him a single whistle. It was a great game for DFS.

That said, I voted for Maxi. Defensive MVP.
Like Reply