Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
14 77.78%
Hawks
22.22%
4 22.22%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss
(10-22-2021, 07:46 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Yeah, he's the extra piece that was included in the Luka/Trae trade. After a shaky start due to injuries, he's starting to develop.  Luka is better than Trae, no disputing that. But Atlanta has done a much better job building around Trae, than the Mavs have built around Luka.  The trade isn't one-sided anymore.  Trae has won more playoff games and has advanced to the ECF, Luka has yet to get out of the 1st round.

To me Luka is far better than Trae, it is a one sided trade. Trae is a great player however and is surrounded by far better talent.

Reddish has been completely inconsistent player. I would not overreact to one single game. Let's see how consistent he can be over the course of the season. If he can be consistent and do well like this regularly, and in future seasons, then it indeed taking some away from the Luka-Trae trade although I would still prefer to have the better superstar.

Reddish was a non factor in too large stretches last season/seasons and is a player that in moments shine and then is away for long stretches.

Hunter on other hand is consistent and far better than Reddish. I wish we had this player next to Luka. Unfortunately he is injure prone, but I do hope for Hawks that will change. He is all star potential player. Great draft there. The rest from Hawks: Collins, Bogdanovic, Gallinari, Capela. They are just talent wise far better than what Mavs have at corresponding positions. And its not even close. This is a team game and Hawks have been better at building at these positions. No question there. Luka as great as he is, cant change that.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  • ballsrchr, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss - by burekemde - 10-22-2021, 08:01 AM