Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
14 77.78%
Hawks
22.22%
4 22.22%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss
(10-22-2021, 04:59 AM)JamesConway Wrote: What a headline.

You mostly know that I am not really impressed with the summer free agency results, but making such a drama after one game is quite irresponsible, imho. 

I thought defense and rebounding were good until the team basically fell apart in the third quarter. It is totally possible that the inefficient and unsuccessful offense killed all the will to play defense. I also think refs allowed extremely physical game, equal for both sides, but Atlanta responded better. 

Certainly, there were several things Mavs will have to have a deep look at. Paint was crowded with one of league best shotblockers in Capella always camping in the middle of it ignoring Powell. This basically made efforts to post up Young inefficient, as help was always there, drives from Luka and PnR with Powell were also not working. One game thing or something some of us were worried about? Would it really not be better to attack Capella with five out offense and force him to leave the paint? Doncic struggled, but it is not a big deal, it happens. What I will observe is, if this is a one time thing or perhaps a consequence of him playing off ball a lot. Did it perhaps prevent him to get it going after being used to much different style? I think he only had a brief moment in the third where he looked like he got hot (back to back assists for three pointers, basket on his own), but sadly it ended quickly as Atlanta always responded well. 

Anyway, I hope Mavs show a better game against Toronto, who had a similar first game as Mavs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss - by omahen - 10-22-2021, 05:55 AM