https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...6806895617
Like Reply
[Image: FByXYiKWYAUId_q?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
The right move IMHO
[-] The following 5 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, michaeltex, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
He was on the bubble as soon as they brought in Ntilikina...even if he didn't leave training camp, a roster spot wasn't guaranteed. It wouldn't even surprise me if they already told him weeks ago when he left but just couldn't make it public until now.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...7391185920
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 09:35 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...7391185920

Ntilikina is 100% the right choice 100 times out of 100 over Tyrell Terry. 

FN has an NBA skill (defense) and size, while having promise with his shot and playmaking.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41, embellisher, michaeltex, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 09:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Ntilikina is 100% the right choice 100 times out of 100 over Tyrell Terry. 

FN has an NBA skill (defense) and size, while having promise with his shot and playmaking.

I like the addition of Frank...  I am disappointed in the unrealized potential of TT, and possibly seeing him eventually thrive elsewhere.  Dude could have been special.  Now he is in the wind.  Ugh.  Glad we kept Moses, too.  I thought it was Burke to be jettisoned.  Hope he proves me wrong this year.  Not holding my breath.  

Again, I don't see the point of having the likes of TB on the roster - below replacement level vets who add very little to move the needle.  Take some flyers on younger players with potential.
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 09:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Ntilikina is 100% the right choice 100 times out of 100 over Tyrell Terry. 

I agree. It's the right call.

Still sucks that they blew two of their last three chances at impactful picks, with Green still looking like he might end up in a dumpster, too, eventually (hopefully not).
Like Reply

Yep. I can legitimately picture Frank's role on the team as a toolsy guard earning minutes with his defense off the bench while fitting into the flow of the offense. From the very little we got to see of Terry, it's just really hard to picture him playing in anything but blowouts this season. He needs a lot of development just to be playable, and probably should be more of a 2-way guy for now.
Like Reply
Holy crap what a disaster of a draft
Why didn't we just go NBA2k mode and consolidate into one pick? Hopefully on Nico's radar in the future
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 10:06 PM)Jym Wrote: Why didn't we just go NBA2k mode and consolidate into one pick?

That's actually a good thought, in retrospect, especially since we know their main target was Haliburton. How freaking good would this thing look right about now with Haliburton playing next to Luka?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Ethan (I mean Feron) Hunt looks like a playa from my seat. Hope there’s a way to keep a connection with that kid. He and Josh Green playing together tonight had hands in pretty much every passing lane.
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 10:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's actually a good thought, in retrospect

If NBA2k has taught us anything, it's that you consolidate picks and you spam 3's
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 10:10 PM)Jym Wrote: If NBA2k has taught us anything, it's that you consolidate picks and you spam 3's

Well, they've figured out the 2nd part. I think you might be onto something.
Like Reply
The two-way contracts must entail some pretty draconian provisions for dumping a guy after signing him. Either that or the Mavs are making a(nother) pretty big mistake. I think Hunt >>>>>>> McLaughlin.
Like Reply
Terry was a project...2nd round picks are always a gamble. It didn't work out, it happens. There's a Tyrell Terry/Tyler Bey-like player available in a draft every year so I'm not losing too much sleep over it. They already found Omoruyi, who looks like he will be an NBA player.
Like Reply
What an epic bust that draft turned out to be. Unbelievable. Or I guess very easy to believe, since it was the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 10:25 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: What an epic bust that draft turned out to be. Unbelievable.

Yeah, thanks a lot, Bob.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • khaled1987, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 10:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Yeah, thanks a lot, Bob.
The worst part is that all the mugs in the scouting department that have done a crap job for the last decade will now hide behind: Wasn´t me, was Bob.
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 10:06 PM)Jym Wrote: Holy crap what a disaster of a draft

On a more positive note, I agree with the spirit of this note. It's a new leadership group with no sacred cows. Cut bait and get better.

https://twitter.com/MavsHighlights/statu...0861202433
[-] The following 5 users Like Tyler's post:
  • BasketballJones41, BigDirk41, embellisher, Mavs2021, SleepingHero
Like Reply