Poll: Who will be cut
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Burke
17.24%
5 17.24%
Terry
79.31%
23 79.31%
Ntilikina
0%
0 0%
M.Brown
0%
0 0%
Other
3.45%
1 3.45%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be cut
Cuban announced Mavs will made final cut tonight after the game. So who do you think will be the last men out?

I think Terry is gone. There will be no trade, he will be cut. First I thought it would be M.Brown but I think he showed enough and it makes sense to try to develop him. Really can't say that about Terry.
Like Reply
Just to be clear...

Omoruyi - 2 way
McLaughlin - 2 way
Hunt - non-guaranteed?
Jones - non-guaranteed?

So only one cut? Unless EO gets elevated to the show?

Personally, I think Terry has spent too much time away from the team. No one on the management team has any investment in him, so I think he's a goner. 

See if EO continues to show in G-league play and maybe some occasional time with the big boys. Possible elevation later in the season?

I also think that leaves Burke and/or Frank as bubble boys. They will have to play their way past each other and some of the other 13.

All of this assumes the team stays healthy this year.
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 03:33 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Just to be clear...

Omoruyi - 2 way
McLaughlin - 2 way
Hunt - non-guaranteed?
Jones - non-guaranteed?

So only one cut? Unless EO gets elevated to the show?

Personally, I think Terry has spent too much time away from the team. No one on the management team has any investment in him, so I think he's a goner. 

See if EO continues to show in G-league play and maybe some occasional time with the big boys. Possible elevation later in the season?

I also think that leaves Burke and/or Frank as bubble boys. They will have to play their way past each other and some of the other 13.

All of this assumes the team stays healthy this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if that second two way spot is still up for grabs.   I expect Hunt plays for the G-league team this year and i hope they also bring back EJ Onu as a developmental big.

I think Terry is probably the betting favorite.    Just considering basketball stuff, he just hasn't been able to show much.   He missed a good portion of last year, had an up and down G-league (got dinged there), only played a game and a half in summer league before getting dinged again, and then left again in camp and didn't get a chance to play any preseason games.    I will be rooting for the kid though.

I don't think Burke and Terry would be rotation players this year.  Burke provides some insurance in case of a guard injury.   

I have thought Burke has looked decent in his limited minutes, so I will vote for Terry.  I hope the kid is doing better though.
Like Reply
Burke stays for trade-matching purposes. Voted Terry, but Mose would be no surprise. They didn’t want him in the first place. Has he really moved that needle? I dunno.
Like Reply
Given that Burke is allegedly the only unvaccinated player and that it would be kind of a bad look to release Terry right now with all his personal problems, I think it will be Burke. Unlikely we need his salary for trade-matching purposes given that we still have a large TPE. That´s also the reason I don´t think either survives the season. We all expect the usage of the TPE later in the year or the signing of a buyout candidate, so another player will have to be cut or traded during the season. It´s easier to sell Tyrell Terry, the 31st pick, to your owner and fanbase in a TPR trade than two years of Trey Burke.
Like Reply
Hookah Doncic
Like Reply
My bet is Terry for all the reasons others have listed above. Also, I think Burke will make a good emergency point guard in case Luka or Brunson get injured at any point this year. I don't see Frank as a point guard (more of a 3&D wing than anything) so it would be good to have a vet that can soak up emergency minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Let's see...

Luka, KP, THJ, RB, JB, Maxi, Powell, DFS, SB, and Bobi won't be cut. 

That leaves a large pool of bubble players. 10 of them, to be precise. EO, TB, WCS, JG, TT, FN, MB, FH, CJ, and McLaughlin. Three gotta go, two will be 2-ways.

Ranking their basketball and developmental value in my opinion, in ascending order: McLaughlin (hasn't shown me anything), TT (hasn't shown me anything, isn't reliable), TB (let's move on already), FH, CJ, JG, FN, MB, WCS, EO. I stand by that ranking. I think they should get out from the McLaughlin 2-way if they can, cut Terry and Burke, make Hunt and Jones their two-ways, convert Omuruyi to a full-fledged roster player, give Green a bit more time before cutting bait, and certainly retain Frankie and Moses. WCS is WCS, but he looks to be quite useful in Kidd's system. Bet you all anything Eugene cracks the 10-man by the end of the year, and handily.

What will probably happen - McLaughlin and EO remain the two-ways, we attempt to retain Hunt and Jones with the Legends, and either Moses or Frankie gets cut. If it's Terry instead, great. If it's Burke instead, even better. But Burke and Terry both need to go to make way for Eugene, and that probably isn't happening. I think Eugene, Moses, and Frankie would be far more useful in our system than either Burke or Terry.
Like Reply