Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL (3-0) @ CHO (1-3) | 127-59 win
Josh Green.  

Fantastic pass to the corner to Brown before Brown got there.

Met at the rim and doesn’t know what to do…TO

Fantastic windmill dunk on fast break

Edit:

Then almost air-ball

Then nice no-look to KP on the break
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 05:52 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Discord is busy right now and no one is in the gamethread here...

Seems silly to participate in a game thread for a game I can't see.
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 06:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seems silly to participate in a game thread for a game I can't see.

Feels like a bad joke. Really sorry for you. After watching years of DSJ, Matthews, Barnes, DWill they screw up when the Mavs are finally back among the best teams in the league.
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 06:21 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Fantastic windmill dunk on fast break

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...3498362886
Like Reply
Smile 
(10-13-2021, 06:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seems silly to participate in a game thread for a game I can't see.

That's why KP is having a good game  Wink .
[-] The following 5 users Like chaparral's post:
  • ClutchDirk, embellisher, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Hockey assists...
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...3625869314
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • Sigma4Life
Like Reply
They need to remind each team when the game is going to start. The Hornets didn't seem to know. And then again, after halftime. The refs need to poke their head into the locker-rooms and and say "We're starting the game now!" or "we're starting the 2nd half now!". It would make for a more entertaining basketball game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes david75090's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Mavs 45 points on 3pt FGs
Hornets 41 points total

Let´s see who wins that game. Tongue
Like Reply
Listening to the game on Hornets radio because it’s all that’s available through league pass, it’s orrery funny to hear the broadcaster looking for things to fill air time. “Well the Hornets haven’t lost every quarter of a game yet this pre-season.  They still have the 4th quarter to play this game so there is still that to play for…”

By the way, is it possible to hide the sigs of other posters on this board?  Asking for a friend…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes soog's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 06:42 PM)chaparral Wrote: That's why KP is having a good game  Wink .

POTD... Big Grin
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 01:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Excuse my ignorance here, but what is the purpose of the pop-up blocker? Is it simply to make the viewing experience less frustrating, or is it actually needed to protect oneself and one's devices from something sinister?

Some of the streams will have sketchy ads/overlays/popups that you definitely don't want to click. And if it ever asks to install something to enable the stream, run away. It's not necessary. When in doubt, just close the browser and try again with a different stream.

So you should always be careful. But once you get used to it, you'll be fine.
Like Reply
Game thread was so negative tonight Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
If Mavs wanted to build up their confidence they sure picked the right opponent for dress rehearsal. I am impressed how much better the deep bench looks compared to summer league.

Burke and Bobi were the only guys not playing tonight.
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 07:50 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Game thread was so negative tonight Smile

The KP hate was too much also... Wink
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 07:51 PM)omahen Wrote: Burke and Bobi were the only guys not playing tonight.

Boban isn't going anywhere. But Burke might be packing his bags.
Like Reply
https://tenor.com/view/bully-soccer-gif-9249976
Like Reply
As Dirk might say, the Hornets should learn Chinese because they'll be in China soon.

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1448455994468614155
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 06:21 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Josh Green.  

Fantastic pass to the corner to Brown before Brown got there.

Met at the rim and doesn’t know what to do…TO

Fantastic windmill dunk on fast break

Edit:

Then almost air-ball

Then nice no-look to KP on the break

When people mention Green has no feel for the game, I completely disagree.  He sees the court very well for such a young player.   His biggest area for improvement is putting the ball in the basket.  Both with open threes and off the dribble.  Every time he dribbles towards the basket, he is looking for the pass and not for his shot.  If he can develop a dribble game, this will really open up the rest of his game.  Right now it is not pretty.   I feel Green is a similar personality and play style as Dwight Powell.  Both appear to have no ego, play hard all the time, and really well liked by the rest of the players.    Green is just a higher rated prospect at similar age.  Although Green plays a position where there is a greater need for high skill level. 

I think Brunson is going to have a very good year.  He looks so poised out there.  I agree with the announcers too...he should definitely get minutes with Luka.  I think a Luka, an healthy KP, and Brunson is going to be tough to stop on offense.   

Really tough to make much out of that game.   Hornets were dogs tonight.   Glad a lot of the Mavs got minutes.   I thought Carlik again outplayed Jacquri.   I really hope they find a way to keep Hunt on the G-league roster.  There is something there if he can develop a better perimeter game.   Moses Brown has some wow moments and then moments when you realize how raw he is.    I think he is worth investing in for a year though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 09:34 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: When people mention Green has no feel for the game, I completely disagree

JG has one of the BEST feels for the game on the whole team. His issue has nothing to do with feel for the game. It is 100% an issue of scoring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply