Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs FAN JAM: Open Practice Livestream 1pm CST/ 2PM EST
Didn't see a link so I'm posting this here to act as a pseudo game thread.

https://www.mavs.com/fanjam/
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
Did Mavsman put on some weight around the middle?
Like Reply
Was just thinking they got one of the maniaacs to save on some costs. Cuban the genius businessman
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Drumline!! The house the Killer built.
Like Reply
Random thoughts watching so far:

Luka is still absolutely leagues above everyone else. He's doing ballerina moves out there and hitting threes. His passes are on point. His 3 looks good today.

KP up and down. He made a couple of nice agile moves on offense. His defense still looks a step slow. Though its hard to read much on a practice scrimmage

The offense seems more free flowing. Lots of use of pindown screens and curls. 

Brunson seems to be all in on scoring and less facilitating.

Also am I missing something but there seems to be a Franky Smokes MIA on either team. Is he still sick?
Like Reply
When the hype guy says Kristof Porzingis

KPs defense still isn't there. Just let Burke run straight to hole. 

Josh Green is still absurdly athletic! 

KP is noticeably making more contact on his screens which is a nice change.
Like Reply
KP with a nice little move there on WCS and then hits the deep three. His set shot does look a lot smoother. His turnaround one still needs work.
Like Reply
I think Luka has only missed 1 three so far? 2 if you count his full court shot? He must be like 6 for 8 right now. Dudes putting on a show.

Josh Green hits a nice three. Lets see much more of that!
Like Reply
[Image: FAzGJxKXIAEAjAj.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like sefant's post:
  • ClutchDirk, DanSchwartzgan, ReunionMav
Like Reply
Only watched second half. Deep bench was putting in effort and looked totally capable playing with the rest. Not sure this is good Smile 

Liked M.Brown effort, he was most active center. Really putting effort, but still extremely raw. Definitely guy I would be sad if he would end up cut. I hope KP defense is consequence of zero effort of this exhibition. Starters in general looked bad. Zero rim protection, Powell looked really bad - trying to drive twice and lost ball both times.
Like Reply
(10-03-2021, 02:42 PM)omahen Wrote: Only watched second half. Deep bench was putting in effort and looked totally capable playing with the rest. Not sure this is good Smile 

Liked M.Brown effort, he was most active center. Really putting effort, but still extremely raw. Definitely guy I would be sad if he would end up cut. I hope KP defense is consequence of zero effort of this exhibition. Starters in general looked bad. Zero rim protection, Powell looked really bad - trying to drive twice and lost ball both times.

Agreed on the effort comments. I do hope it was just because it was a practice scrimmage.
Like Reply
(10-03-2021, 02:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
Josh Green hits a nice three. Lets see much more of that!

Did you see the and-one circus shot he made.  I don’t know where the minutes come from, but by June I think he’s a regular part of the rotation.
Like Reply
I know KP hit 4 of 7 on 2 point shots, so this is picking nits, but I think he still didn't look great on post ups and flooring the ball.

The Josh Green 3 made me happy
Like Reply
Did we win?
Like Reply
(10-03-2021, 03:34 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Did we win?

yes!! 

and we lost  Cry
Like Reply
(10-03-2021, 03:03 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Did you see the and-one circus shot he made.  I don’t know where the minutes come from, but by June I think he’s a regular part of the rotation.

I did! I audibly exclaimed in excitement. It was a gorgeous lay in through contact. 

I was disappointed he didn't get more chances (or that he wasn't aggressive enough in getting his) but I'm cautiously optimistic in a leap for him this season. 

Hard to reach much of anything in an open practice.

(10-03-2021, 03:23 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I know KP hit 4 of 7 on 2 point shots, so this is picking nits, but I think he still didn't look great on post ups and flooring the ball.

I don't know why but his misses always seem to stand out like a sore thumb to me. I then check the box score and he's shooting above 50%. Is it a natural bias from my expectations that cause this? Or are the misses that BAD from KP?

Probably a bit of both...
Like Reply
(10-03-2021, 04:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't know why but his misses always seem to stand out like a sore thumb to me. I then check the box score and he's shooting above 50%. Is it a natural bias from my expectations that cause this? Or are the misses that BAD from KP?

Probably a bit of both...

I think it's because when he gets a post up chance I think something like, "ok, KP, let's see it". So my antennae go up...and a miss gets a reaction from me. My gut tells me that his post ups bring his percentages down. But I don't keep pencil and paper with me to create a shot chart as I watch, so not sure.
Like Reply
I watched the game at the same time as watching the Cowboys.  I don't know if there are any firm opinions you can form from one internal scrimmage.  But here are my thoughts...even if they are wrong.

I was thrilled how KP looked.   Right now, I am not worried about made/missed shots or defensive possessions, but I thought he got way more touches in the scrimmage in different parts of the court.   Maybe because of this, but he looked like he was really having fun out there and playing really free.   For me that was the biggest thing about the scrimmage.

I thought all the players looked to be in good shape.   I don't know if it is the different hairstyle or the headband, but Brunson to me looks like he is in great shape.    

I will be disappointed if Moses does not make the roster.  He is a factor on the offensive boards and at the rim.  He also runs really well.   If he makes the team, I doubt he gets a lot of run.  But at his low salary, isn't he worth keeping around to see if with more experience his defensive IQ gets better and finds ways to help teams while on the court?  He has really interesting raw natural athletic traits.

I don't agree with Burke's stance, and was ready to let him go (may still feel that way).    Basketball wise, I thought he looked good.  Looks to be in great shape and really quick.   If it is just a basketball decision, I am not sure how Terry is better than him.    Terry may have the edge if the Mavs think he is worth developing, but Terry isn't ready to play NBA minutes now.   Each day he misses, for whatever reason, is not a good sign for him.  

No one really stuck out as awful in the scrimmage.  Luka was going 75% and had some turnovers, but he looks to be a good shape too.   Fun to see everyone back.
Like Reply
Green 1-1 on 3s today...some sliver of hope in him gaining a 3 point shot and becoming a key player...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Brown with 9 rebounds also...

https://media.giphy.com/media/RerCdHV8yu.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply