Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moses
[Image: alhi105.jpg?v=1492407175]
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm8qIhJU_Tk

Couldn't find a Moses thread, so here's one.
Like Reply
I dig the nickname "The Prophet" for Moses. Has a nice ring to it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Moses thought/question...

Listen to the interview above and Moses seems to have a key component to success. He really, wants to succeed, has goals and seems to be willing to put in the work. His attitude is great. 

Also, the Mavs are investing in him (at least for now). It looks like Tyson is putting in a ton of work with Moses, which is really cool. 

But, when I watch tape (youtube - tape for us amatures), I see really poor footwork. His feet seem to be a mess, from my amature eyes. 

So here's the question: Can "want to" quickly enough overcome something as troubling for a big man as bad foot work?

Here's my hopeful thought: The Mavs were willing to invest in DFS, give him years to develop and that investment is now paying off. Maybe that kind of investment, if the Mavs are willing to make it, could fix one of Moses' deficiencies. 

What say you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(10-01-2021, 11:01 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Moses thought/question...

Listen to the interview above and Moses seems to have a key component to success. He really, wants to succeed, has goals and seems to be willing to put in the work. His attitude is great. 

Also, the Mavs are investing in him (at least for now). It looks like Tyson is putting in a ton of work with Moses, which is really cool. 

But, when I watch tape (youtube - tape for us amatures), I see really poor footwork. His feet seem to be a mess, from my amature eyes. 

So here's the question: Can "want to" quickly enough overcome something as troubling for a big man as bad foot work?

Here's my hopeful thought: The Mavs were willing to invest in DFS, give him years to develop and that investment is now paying off. Maybe that kind of investment, if the Mavs are willing to make it, could fix one of Moses' deficiencies. 

What say you?

My hope is that the Mavs have found a player that has some raw potential that just needs the right combination of development and experience to really blossom.

My guess though is that Moses is nothing more than a throw in to make a trade legal and is getting coached by Tyson because Tyson is in that Legends coaching program and needs the experience of working with players as part of that.  Since he's not a full time coach on the staff then he probably has less access to the already established NBA players on the team - but again, that's just a guess since I have no idea if that's how it really works or not.

I think the difference with DFS is that DFS was someone that the Mavs purposely drafted, so they clearly saw something in him that they liked.  I don't think Moses is in that same category unless the JRich trade was really about trying to sneakily pry Moses away all along (which hey, maybe it was! Wink )

That being said, I'll continue to hope that my hope is correct and not my guess! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
The raw upside is pretty obvious. Just looking at his boxscore production he already showed more than WCS or Powell. I don´t think that makes him a better player but it shows that he deserves a spot on an NBA roster. Now it comes to the more difficult part. How can the Mavs turn his production into positive net impact.
Right now the one skill that will definitely translate to a positve impact on the floor is rebounding. He ranked 2nd in the league in ORB%. To earn minutes he probably needs to add a little bit more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
The greatness of Moses Brown's uniform situation may deserve its own thread. 

Looks like a big goofy high schooler out there with his white t-shirt and tiny shorts.

Hope he develops because WCS is doing his disinterested finesse-center thing again.
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Paul Gasol
Like Reply