Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(11-11-2021, 05:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: First of all. It´s obviously not only the person. A close relative could be at risk for a similar adverse reaction. That should be an automatic medical exemption.

For the most part medical exemptions ignore mental health aspects. In my opinion a big problem. Based on the standards that were used in the past they aren´t an option for this scenario.
That´s where it gets shaky. Where to stop. Where to draw the line? Friends, neighbours, co-workers?
That´s why I think that exemptions and the clear definition of them is so important.

Personally I am once again torn. On the one hand I absolutely understand why traumatic experiences like this would lead to the rejection of any kind of treatment. But on the other hand I am concerned about potential ways to abuse an exemption like this. If a situation really calls for a vaccine mandate that´s not acceptable.
I think the fact you're torn on this is where I myself am and is why I am against the mandate. Don't really care about precedent, laws, politicians views. IMO, the government shouldn't make someone do something to their body that they don't want to do (isn't this some kind of extension to "my body, my choice" and why are they not in on this? More tongue-in-cheek, not a serious thought. However, imagine the government requiring abortion cause the population is at a detrimental-to-society high, but, I digress). That is the crux to my argument. Now, how to live in a society that isn't careful AND is unvaccinated? That is tough. I just live worrying about what comes as it comes, not what might come.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by ItsGoTime - 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM