Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(11-01-2021, 06:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not semantics. Accurate wording. 

I think I'm speaking outside of the box you draw your information from my friend, so this may be a point to just drop, but I'll try one more time.  Not trying to insult your obviously high intellectual capacity but its clear to me that you draw your world from a very well defined group of mainstream scientific thought.  You constantly imply or outright proclaim that anything outside that domain as you see it is inaccurate.  

There are a lot of holes in that approach.  Its great for many forms of inquiry but far from perfect in terms of investigation of many topics and definitely not as immune to human biases as you clearly seem to think.  I'll try and keep to the topic at hand. 

All language is based to some degree on agreement among groups of people. 
Its accurate based on the way a certain group of people define something and/or the common usage of the word. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/semantics 
1: the study of the meanings of words and phrases in language
2: the meanings of words and phrases in a particular context

So accuracy as you put it must be based on some definition of the word or phrases which is itself based on some agreed upon use of the word or to use your word consensus within a people group.  
I do have specialized language education so I am probably drawing from a point of reference you are not.  I also have some training in science as well including a minor in physics as I've stated so yes, I know appreciate the scientific method.   We could even talk about how the definition and usage of the scientific method itself has changed over time, but that would digress too far. 

In this case I've already conceded that your point about the usage of the words is a valid one in the specific context.   I was being more loose with terminology.  The particular context here does should require a more precise handling of the term natural immunity
Quote:The way you used the term "natural" immunity in this thread never made any sense. I let it go in earlier posts but in this case I had to clarify the difference.

I am not the one that is hell-bent on including the term "natural". That´s your agenda

The world natural has a very common meaning as does the word system. 
Its not hard to understand the sense of it as you said unless we play egghead and act as if we need someone to tell us what every thing means in a scientific journal somewhere.  Undecided

Its the immune system we were born with, God given if you will and yes everything we're talking about including the vaccinations are based around that system.  I think the average guy understands that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by Dahlsim - 11-01-2021, 07:43 PM