Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-07-2021, 06:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Natural immunity might be longer lasting (as suggested by the study @"TXBamanut" linked) but we know that the IgG-titer are dropping in both cases. Thankfully T/B cell half life time is looking solid. Be it natural immunity or the vaccine. Not a have it once and be done with it situation. And as mentioned the vaccine also improves the immune response of people that already had it.

The mechanisms of the mRNA COVID vaccines aren´t in any way or form comparable to the flu shot. We are talking about completely different viruses. The flu shot is targeting a number of different subtypes/strains and needs to be adjusted each year. As of now we don´t know if this is the case with COVID. Next important part of vaccine research is the impact of the booster shot.
Data wasn´t hidden. In some cases data was simply missing. That´s pretty normal when we are talking about a new virus. We nearly made it out of the conspiracy theory category in the last two days but it seems like we are making a deep dive again.

#1: Natural does last longer--not might. Stop mincing words please. If you have natural immunity, there is no reason for you to add to that. You're just taking a risk at incurring a serious side effect from the vaccine. No sense in adding new drugs to that mix for no reason. You want to add a vax to that, go for it. Boost yourself till you're blue in the face and place a sticker on your chest that said you did it. 

#2: Yes, they are not the same. You're deconstructing my position in a way that misrepresents my argument. Again, both vaccines are prophylactic/therapeutic. I'm not sure how many more times I need to explain that before you understand it my guy. Both mitigate serious illness and both do not stop you from transmitting/becoming infected. Second, although this is a new virus, the data from decades past on coronaviruses is still very relative. 

#3: The US since the beginning, has has the worst data collection of covid data in the first world. This has been notably written about (if you've been dealing with these metrics for any given period of time). Demographic data was virtually non existent almost a year in and nothing was standardized. That's not a point I'm going to argue with you here because that's very well known. 

#4: The rest, from a prior post, it seem more than obvious that you're more inclined to trust government related materials, scientists and outcomes. That's where you based your trust. So much that anyone that falls outside of the mainstream of opinion and though (and science), you'll respond with ignorance and criticism. That's on you. So far you've said absolutely nothing in this conversation worth noting as relative fact--and I've run out of patience collecting my thoughts. So you're wrong on point 1, 2 and 3. The people you're referring to are board certified in what they do and far more knowledgeable about this that you seem to let on and for whatever they are charged with, i care if any of it sticks. Anyone can be charged with a lawsuit and anyone can be made to look a fool in the court of public opinion.

For example: "[...] Dr. Peter McCullough, a prominent advocate for early out-patient treatment of COVID-19, was recently sued by his former employer demanding more than $1 million in damages, for allegedly continuing to refer to that affiliation, supposedly confusing the public about the institution’s views."

Just stop.

This is the last thing I'll say to you unless it's basketball related: you're inclined to believe what you want. People are inclined to protect themselves how they see fit. People needs every option available according to the their own personal circumstances and their own personal pcps--not you or anyone else. Why should a doctor lose his license for prescribing a medication off label for treatment, especially when it's non toxic? Make that make sense. You can't. Are there dumb mfkrs taking animal meds? Yes. A small minority but this is a medication thats used by humans the world over and has been used for covid with absolute success. Not 100% but from 40% - 75% efficacy or so. Unless you're saying every clinic, scientist, operation outside the US is lying and conspiring to use cheap medication over the most expensive option. Yes, all of those scientists are lying about it working. Tf...

If you have a problem with that, that's no one's problem but your own, but the censorship, the lying, the forced coercion and again the lying, needs to stop and all voices need to be heard and all data needs to be shared for people to make their own decisions. No one single independent, unelected group of bureaucrats need to be making decisions on behalf of the entire country, period. If you don't like that, you can move to Australia or China where you'll be welcomed as the model citizen. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes luka_skywalker_77's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by luka_skywalker_77 - 10-08-2021, 05:21 PM