Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-05-2021, 08:40 AM)michaeltex Wrote: I, personally, agree with some statements made by both sides and, at the same time, don't agree with some statements made by both sides. My personal style is more of an observer, but that doesn't mean I have my own beliefs. At times, I do have to take a breath and not go all Dan Ackroyd...

I agree with this so much. Good points made from all around. I vehemently believe in the freedom of choice. I know it's antithetical to ending this pandemic quickly but I just can never agree with a governmental body mandating it's citizens to take a vaccine. I think with proper education, people will naturally choose the correct choice in enough volume that it doesn't matter that some go against the grain. And yes that goes with all the other mandated vaccines that we all had to take as a kid. Up to the parents if they want to endanger their child and risk disfigurement. All it takes is a couple of publicized cases and people will automatically choose what works. A market correction if you will. And I believe in this vaccine (except maybe J&J Tongue ) whole heartedly and the research behind it. It does work and I do have it.  

I know this is as polarizing of a topic for many and often online arguments just lead to digging our heels into our same viewpoint, but I just really appreciate that everyone here can make their points and just agree to disagree sometimes. 

It's an attribute that is slowly going extinct nowadays. Division is easy. Learning to accept other viewpoints and even trying to take something from them is the hard part and best part of life! I suppose I'm just an ardent libertarian in some aspects of life if I want to put a label on it. 

Anyways, back to being mostly a neutral bystander now. Kudos to everyone arguing for both sides.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by SleepingHero - 10-05-2021, 06:17 PM