Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-02-2021, 01:34 PM)soog Wrote: What experimental substance?  I’m talking about personal liberties and the over reach of government.  Isn’t that what this thread is about?  

By the way, big star wars fan here too.

This MRNA process is experimental and the application of it has never made it to market. In fact, prior results were disasterous. The substance, although quickly tested, hasn't undergone substantial testing over a significant period of time to determine efficacy. This is the first attempt at it in human history. 

(10-02-2021, 08:53 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Nice false equivalence. Last I checked pregnancies aren't contagious and don't affect society as a whole.

Nope, he's 100% correct on this. If my body my choice means anything, this is what it means. 

(10-03-2021, 07:45 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think the bigger issue is that articles or studies like the mentioned ones are shared without looking into them. Just posting random "critical" studies or articles without even trying to look at the data or context. That´s actually the opposite of critical thinking.

People are free to voice their opinion but in this case opinions aren´t equal. We have experts, we have studies and research of different quality and we have a lot of pseudoscience. If a flawed study is used to make a case against the vaccine we are getting very close to the dreaded "Fake News" category. It´s not a good thing. It´s dangerous.

Good example: I could use the same flawed numbers that the article provided to make the opposite case. According to the data in the under 50 category 75% of deaths occurred in the unvaccinated group.

I'm not sure you have any idea how many "peer reviewed" studies are often bunk. 

Answer, thousands. May as well say they were "fact checked". 

For example, the litany of studies suggesting the efficacy of masking. The problem I see within a number of your responses, is that your assumption of you operating from a position of truth. You think, your sources are unbiased, accurate, proven and logical, when over the past 2 years, they've proven anything but. What you call an expert is nothing more than a licensed bureaucrat making decisions that offer no logical support. We can go through the number of studies that were retracted, proven false or otherwise conducted improperly if you'd like. We can start with the imperial college data model and move on from there. But this notion, that you're somehow based in logical reasoning despite the dumba**ery we've witnessed from the same "professionals" is ridiculous. 

But to take it back to your point, can you show to me the data that suggests we mask and vaccinate children?

(10-03-2021, 01:39 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not true. In America it actually started with Washington himself who enforced smallpox inoculation. Some historians go as far and claim that it was the deciding factor in the war.
Always was a controversial topic (as it should be) but on a state level we have seen it. Best example would be the smallpox legislation in Massachusetts. Upheld by the supreme court more than 100 years later. Other good example would be the measles outbreak in Alaska in 1976. It´s not like the mandate didn´t exist prior to it but outbreaks like this forced the government to enforce them.
We have different vaccination requirements for public schools depending on the state. And obviously requirements for certain jobs (army, medical workers...).

Not to mention other highly developed countries. In the last 100 years most of western Europe enforced polio, small pox, tuberculosis and measles vaccines. Got rid of it after the diseases was completely or nearly eliminated. A lot of them still have mandates for other diseases that are comparable to the public school requirements in most states.

Calling this akin to the smallpox vaccine is ridiculous. Pox efficacy is +90% at infection mitigation. 

The covid vaccine is roughly 0%.

Not the same my friend. 

(10-03-2021, 03:31 PM)fifteenth Wrote: @"dirkfansince1998", thanks

Great job of presenting straight forward explanations, advocating for peer reviewed research and calmly pointing out logical fallacies while not descending into YouTube comment section style flame throwing matches.

He's done everything but.
[-] The following 1 user Likes luka_skywalker_77's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by luka_skywalker_77 - 10-04-2021, 11:23 AM