Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-04-2021, 07:47 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Hey now. In the sumer of 2020 a good friend of ours, kind of an honorary granddad for my kids had covid. He's in his 70's with underlying conditons. My wife, kids and I prayed for him every day. The first time we prayed for him was on the phone with him and that's when he started getting better. He made it and is still kick'n. We pray for people who are sick all the time. 

It's possible to be a Jesus follower, pray for folks, "love your neighbor" in any way that you can and also NOT be into conspiricy theories, NOT want to fight everyone for the right to rule the country according to our own self interests and NOT have an irrational mistrust of Science. 

I got to know the self check out guy at Kroger. One day he was hurting and told me that his doctor said he had a degnerative knee conditoin. I asked him if I could pray for him and he said yes, that he believes in the Great Physician, so I put my hand on his shoulder and asked God to heal his knee. I went in to Kroger a week later and he was beaming. Told me God had heald his knee and that the doctor said he saw no signs of anything wrong with his knee. After that, every time I went to get groceries he'd have something to tell me about what God was doing in his life. 

So if Trey needs prayer, tell him to call me. :-) Or anyone one else. I'll pray for folks right here in the thread if you're suffering or need wisdom. Need prayer? I'm your huckleberry.

I'm all for prayer and do believe it can help, but I don't think it should ever be a primary defense against a disease like a vaccine. 

I was mostly being sarcastic in trying to tie the two threads together with a joke, but it wasn't a very good one. 

In any case I'm glad to know you're empathetic enough to care about the health for random strangers!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by SleepingHero - 10-04-2021, 08:43 AM