Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(09-30-2021, 03:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Americans have a sort of attitude about freedom. It's not really as unique in the world as most Americans believe, but the idea that we're better than other people "because freedom" is sort of woven into our culture. Since the vast majority of people (in any country) are shockingly stupid (at least in my experience) this idea manifests itself in some truly ridiculous ways here in the US on a fairly regular basis.

On this topic there is an ongoing debate about whether it's ok to force someone to take a vaccine. Basically, it offends some Americans for ANY new thing to be "forced" on them for ANY reason. So, that type has gotten busy inventing reasons not to do the thing that our society is asking them to do. 

So yes, this is news, believe it or not. It should be common sense, but I guarantee you there are people who are very angry about this announcement. The best part is that many of them aren't even people who would go to games anyway - they're just excited to have something new to complain about. 

Great place to live, and I'm proud to belong here. But my goodness it's embarrassing sometimes.

Freedom is what sets the US apart from any other country in civilization and it's quite the shame that people these days seem to not understand that. That's the undeniable reality that the modern generation seeks to wash away; that we are comparably speaking, the litmus test of civilization. They'd rather fade into the distance like homer next to a bush, and be comfortable with it. reason I'm not attending is because pretty soon that mandate will require a 3rd and a fourth in order to attend and I'm not doing any more than i've already done and many people feel the same way. t's been nothing but lies from day one, so I'll take my chances. You've already got your vaccine so nothing else is of your concern, right?

The rest of what you said kind of falls in line with that sentiment, so I don't think i need to comment on that. Plenty has been said on this topic enough to not have to address vaccine fascism ad nauseum. I don't call people like that that share your opinion stupid; just misinformed and ignorant and otherwise clueless about a lot of things not told to them by the mainstream thought police.

The dumb part of your statement, is this notion that anyone's vaccination status matters one bit. All people spread the virus the same; there is zero difference between the two groups of people, so taking a test or flashing a card that says you did is useless scientifically arrogant. But we can have that conversation OT in another thread, but suffice to say, I have nothing but proper contempt for people using force coercion to get someone to inject an experimental compound into their bodies just because they did. 

So get your vax; get 7 if you want; I have mine and let everyone else do whatever the hell they want because its none of your business period. They have far more legitimate reasons to feel the way they do and i promise you that you never spent one minutes speaking with more than 1 person about that. And if you don't like it, your opinion (nor your opinion of me and others that feel the way i do) is none of our businesses.

Anyways, i got more gas on this but I'm not going to waste too much time. I'm that guy today so i'll just keep back in the shadows. I've said my piece.

(and don't take killer's word for how things are in the US; he's a voice of a certain group of people acting in a way that's highly favorable to a cult; one that feels any sort of freedom on what you do should be mandated by a central authority, under the guise of a certain political affiliation--so he's not an ambassador of rational American thought but he's smart about round ball stuff so I'd give him a pass on the political, faux science-y stuff).
[-] The following 1 user Likes luka_skywalker_77's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka, THJ, DFS, KP & DP to start | Vax rate ~90% - by luka_skywalker_77 - 09-30-2021, 03:26 PM