Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Day Discussion Thread (The news is raining down in the News thread)
Conversation gets mostly lost in the News thread during fast news cycles. If anyone wants to discuss items that have already been mentioned by players and staff we can do it here. 

Or maybe we'll just all be reading the news til it's over **shrug**

But here ya go just in case.

Interesting items so far for me:

• KP seems really excited about JKidd
  • KP will be playing with a center
  • KP will have a green light to shoot where ever he wants to
Like Reply
Interesting: Brunson believes he can be the secondary playmaker and says it was impossible not to hear all the comments about that being the primary Mavs need.
Like Reply
Honestly, if Jalen Brunson could take a leap forward, learn from the JKidd the PG savant, become the secondary ball handler and playmaker that we need, and add to his tool belt so that he's not played off the floor by big wings....then the Mavs take a masisve step forward.
Like Reply
Tho is Tyson Chandler on the coaching staff? Or just training camp for now and maybe sign a coaching role deal?

WCS mentioned him.
Like Reply
(09-27-2021, 03:15 PM)sefant Wrote: Tho is Tyson Chandler on the coaching staff? Or just training camp for now and maybe sign a coaching role deal?

WCS mentioned him.

He's been working with the bigs leading up to training camp. Based on quotes from before today, it sounds like Tyson won't be an everyday coach, or a bench coach, but will work with bigs periodically.
Like Reply
I'm definately good for a failed thread every so often
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(09-27-2021, 03:06 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Honestly, if Jalen Brunson could take a leap forward, learn from the JKidd the PG savant, become the secondary ball handler and playmaker that we need, and add to his tool belt so that he's not played off the floor by big wings....then the Mavs take a masisve step forward.

I'm still skeptical of Jalen the creator.  He has horse blinders on a lot. Defense is also always going to be a liability.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(09-27-2021, 04:59 PM)cow Wrote: I'm still skeptical of Jalen the creator.  He has horse blinders on a lot. Defense is also always going to be a liability.

That's what I see too. But more power to him if he can expand in year 4 and if he can learn from Kidd.
Like Reply
(09-27-2021, 04:59 PM)cow Wrote: I'm still skeptical of Jalen the creator.  He has horse blinders on a lot. Defense is also always going to be a liability.

Yep.  I see this too...also.  Maybe, since he heard the talk about a secondary creator,  he can make that jump this year.
Like Reply
Jalen as the secondary creator (if he can become that) makes us better, but also makes him more expensive. 

It might get us deeper in playoffs this year, but we probably lose him in free agency.
Like Reply
I never doubted Jalen being a secondary creator.  I think he plays well with Luka.   For me, the biggest issue is we need someone to play like Luka when Luka sits due to the limitations of the rest of the team not being able to create for themselves.   There are only 4-5 guys who can play like Luka does, so asking Jalen to do this is a tough ask.    I think that is probably why were hoping Dragic's option wasn't picked up (my take, nothing official).  Dragic would have given us another creator so we could attack defenses more ways.    Without a secondary creator we have guys who need people to get them the ball to score, for the most part.
Like Reply
No player x/y gained 15lbs of muscle. No player x/y is out of shape. No player x/y developed a jumpshot.
Mavs managed to finish media day without the usual catch phrases. That alone is an improvement over the Donnie era.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(09-28-2021, 12:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: No player x/y gained 15lbs of muscle. No player x/y is out of shape. No player x/y developed a jumpshot.
Mavs managed to finish media day without the usual catch phrases. That alone is an improvement over the Donnie era.

I did read somewhere that KP gained some muscle weight.
Like Reply