Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy ball
Probably not my place to start the thread, but are we doing fantasy ball again this year?

I’m keen to improve on my bronze medal (moral gold; god-damn injuries) from last season.

Who’s in?
Like Reply
You are the perfect person to start the thread! We’re like Outback Steakhouse around here, No rules (well a couple), just right! Or is it Olive Garden? When you’re here, you’re family.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I'm game, but I need to figure out the rules this year. I was in 3rd all of last season and then dropped like 7 spots during the last week and I still don't know why.
Like Reply
(09-10-2021, 09:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm game, but I need to figure out the rules this year. I was in 3rd all of last season and then dropped like 7 spots during the last week and I still don't know why.
Sorry to necro my own thread, but… I’m not actually that sorry Smile

Killer, from what I remember last season, you got your pacing a bit off… in fantasy, you basically want to play all of your best players and hit the total number of games in the last day of the season, and I believe you exploded out of the gate and played  all of your (average) players right away…

it meant you had about 50 games total on the rest of us, but those who were playing the long game and starting our players judiciously were slowly gaining on you the whole time… as I said, pacing is king.

If only a few people are up for it this year, I’ve already got a few friends from Japan and England who want to make a league, so we could really get an intercontinental thing going Smile
Like Reply
(09-10-2021, 09:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm game, but I need to figure out the rules this year. I was in 3rd all of last season and then dropped like 7 spots during the last week and I still don't know why.

Last season, you ran out of games played.  Basically, you were artificially higher than you should have been and came back down to earth when you ran out of games.  When the season started, we had a full season of games, in a slightly shortened season.  I used a bunch of those bonus games early on, and then they did the dirty of changing the rules after the season was in play.  I argued against it, to no avail.  It screwed me over and I basically didn't care much from there on in.  

Roto is an interesting format, but I am not really a fan.  I like being able to leverage head to head matchups - it is what makes the fantasy game fun for me.  I don't think that I would play roto again.  It was pretty boring, and penalized a slow start/injuries etc.  In head to head, you can make adjustments/focus on different things from week to week depending on matchups...  In Roto, you basically are stuck and have to hope your studs stay healthy.  I hope yall have fun this season.
Like Reply
Yooo, just got an e-mail form yahoo that our league has been automatically renewed. Are we doing it again? Guess I don't need to change my team's name (Powell can't start) since it feels he'll be starting next to KP.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
(09-28-2021, 01:47 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Yooo, just got an e-mail form yahoo that our league has been automatically renewed. Are we doing it again? Guess I don't need to change my team's name (Powell can't start) since it feels he'll be starting next to KP.
Looks like the owner of the league deleted it, so I guess that league is out of the question…

As I said, I’d like to do a league this year, but looks like there’s not a lot of interest, judging from the replies…
Like Reply
(09-28-2021, 08:24 PM)Paul Gasol Wrote: Looks like the owner of the league deleted it, so I guess that league is out of the question…

As I said, I’d like to do a league this year, but looks like there’s not a lot of interest, judging from the replies…

Count me in if we start another one.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
I suppose I should defend my title.  Count me in.
Like Reply
I'd go should it happen, I can't do any worse
Like Reply