Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAVS 109, SPURS 108
(11-04-2021, 12:33 PM)burekemde Wrote: I can not imagine a defense that could contain that
I cannot imagine a team not licking their chops at going at that team! We wouldn’t always score at will, but the other team would!
Like Reply
(11-04-2021, 11:33 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Willie is Norse/Scottish and German?
it is simple. his surname is cauley stein. Cauley in norse or scottish means relic. Stein in German means stone. And Willie has its own double meaning in English. So, each word of the name is explained from a different language, therefor three words and three meaning of those words  one in Norse&Scottish, one in German and one in English. But this is only a joke, as with several hundreds languages on the earth you could probably find a second meaning in one of them for each and any word in English.
Like Reply
(11-04-2021, 01:26 PM)Borkhan Wrote: it is simple. his surname is cauley stein. Cauley in norse or scottish means relic. Stein in German means stone. And Willie has its own double meaning in English. So, each word of the name is explained from a different language, therefor three words and three meaning of those words  one in Norse&Scottish, one in German and one in English. But this is only a joke, as with several hundreds languages on the earth you could probably find a second meaning in one of them for each and any word in English.
Oh man, you were joking, I was kidding.
Like Reply
In defense of Luka, 25 FG attempts, 2 FTs. The Luka love from last-season’s zebras is all gone. All of it. Seems like the NBA’s new rule is just don’t give that Euro dude so many FTs.

In defense of DFS, he’s the guy who lets us not have to defend the opponent’s best scorer with Luka or Timmy or Jalen. Doesn’t matter what position said best scorer plays. Not many NBAers can fill that role. 

In defense of Jalen, F you, critics. (That was a badass F you game!)
Like Reply
(11-04-2021, 03:55 PM)Jommybone Wrote: In defense of DFS, he’s the guy who lets us not have to defend the opponent’s best scorer with Luka or Timmy or Jalen. Doesn’t matter what position said best scorer plays. Not many NBAers can fill that role. 

DFS does a ton of little things too that don't show up on the stat sheet.  He's the only dog on the team.  His shot has to start falling at some point.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-04-2021, 01:20 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I am not high on Kidd´s coaching ability but I do think that his in game decisions have been pretty good. I am pro intentional foul in those kind of situations. And it worked out. Turned a one point lead with 13.9s to go into a four point lead with 10s to go. Also burned the last Spurs timeout.
Plan to intentionally miss the last Brunson FT was also good but the execution was bad.

I’m pro intentional foul too when up by two, but not deep in the other team’s backcourt with 11 seconds left. Make them burn some time, don’t stop the clock there. I’ve never seen such an early foul so far from your basket in that situation.  Agreed with the strategy on the Brunson miss.
Like Reply