Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+18, 23 pts, 2 stl, 3 ast, 6 rbd)
0%
0 0%
JB (+13, 31 pts, 2 stl, 3 ast, 10 rbd)
92.86%
26 92.86%
Boban (+17, 17 pts, 1 blk, 5 rbd)
7.14%
2 7.14%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8 DIRKIE: Winner JB (93%) | Runner-up Boban (7%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team get the win?
Like Reply
There is only one option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(11-03-2021, 10:12 PM)cow Wrote: There is only one option.

JB made Luka feel like KP.....relegated to stand in the corner and watch....
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Jommybone, MangaAfterDark
Like Reply
Mavs win a game on the road, with 19 turnovers, shooting 23.5% from deep. Unimaginable. The 56-40 edge in rebounding was huge, as was the guard who grabbed 10 of those boards and scored 13 points in a row in the latter half of the 4th.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Kammrath
Like Reply
Brunson was freaking awesome. To watch him pick the Spurs apart late and get to the line 15 times was something else. And to find a player so hot that Luka just passes him the ball late in a tight game and gets out of the way is a truly rare find.

I'm under no illusions that this will happen every night, but it strikes me that your starting backcourt combining for 54 points, 22 rebounds, 10 assists, and 5 steals is a terrific recipe for winning games. If we can just get the frontcourt working, we'll be in business.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(11-03-2021, 10:16 PM)Tyler Wrote: Brunson was freaking awesome. To watch him pick the Spurs apart late and get to the line 15 times was something else. And to find a player so hot that Luka just passes him the ball late in a tight game and gets out of the way is a truly rare find.

I'm under no illusions that this will happen every night, but it strikes me that your starting backcourt combining for 54 points, 22 rebounds, 10 assists, and 5 steals is pretty freaking good. If we can just get the frontcourt working, we'll be in business.

I'm pretty impressed that Luka deferred.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • Hypermav, Jommybone
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...5624721414
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1456097488998486019
Like Reply
Mavs guards are dominating the boards. If you tell me, DP and the rest of the bigs are boxing out for the guards to swoop in and get the rebounds, I would have given DP and the other bigger guys a pass.

And JB with 10 boards is commendable, but 3 assists? Mavs need to develop Frank real quick if they don't intend on trading for a a real playmaker.
Like Reply
(11-03-2021, 11:51 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Mavs guards are dominating the boards. If you tell me, DP and the rest of the bigs are boxing out for the guards to swoop in and get the rebounds, I would have given DP and the other bigger guys a pass.

And JB with 10 boards is commendable, but 3 assists? Mavs need to develop Frank real quick if they don't intend on trading for a a real playmaker.

Ha ha! You picked this game to be down on JB!?

BTW, averaging 3 assists per as a secondary playmaker who scores first isn't terrible.
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Brunson was the MVP of the fourth quarter, but Boban's presence to me was so refreshing compared to what we were getting from Powell+WCS.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-03-2021, 10:15 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Mavs win a game on the road, with 19 turnovers, shooting 23.5% from deep. Unimaginable. The 56-40 edge in rebounding was huge, as was the guard who grabbed 10 of those boards and scored 13 points in a row in the latter half of the 4th.

Under Kidd, the Mavs to me have learned to win games in multiple different ways compared to what we saw with RC. With Carlisle it was basically we out shoot you or we lose. Hence the absurd like 32-1 record of games when we had a higher 3pt% compared to the other team. Definitely made us too predictable and one-dimensional.

I for one can't believe the defensive rotations I've seen to start the season. These are the same guys from last year that I thought could never really be a good defender. The defense is noticeably improved.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Jommybone, Kammrath
Like Reply
(11-03-2021, 10:15 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Mavs win a game on the road, with 19 turnovers, shooting 23.5% from deep. Unimaginable. The 56-40 edge in rebounding was huge, as was the guard who grabbed 10 of those boards and scored 13 points in a row in the latter half of the 4th.

Didn't score 40 and grab 20 rebounds so no unanimous voting for him...even though a top 5 player was force feeding him and staying out of his way...

https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status...7109102600
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Another sort of bad game...but we won.  I really want to give the Dirkie to Boban...but I can't.  My Dirkie goes to Brunson!  I kind of think Luka got tired...but I also think he willingly deferred to Brunson.  That's a good thing.
Like Reply
JB owned the fourth, except for those two late missed FTs, gotta give it to him. 

Boban easily for runner up. Great game offensively from the big guy!
Like Reply
[Image: Jalen-Brunson-Dallas-Mavericks_20211103-1200x800.jpg]
Like Reply