Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(10-29-2021, 12:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I like the framework, I don't like the cost. 

I don't think the Mavs adding a first is worth Dillon Brooks. I love Adams, but the guy was just used as a salary dump and shouldn't carry that much value. Further the Grizz have Jackson Jr. that plays almost exactly the same role as KP, being a lanky stretch 4 that mainly spots up and blocks shots at a high rate. Funnily enough he's also injury prone. 

I think there are better analogues of that type of frame work. For example, the Kings might bite on a Buddy/Holmes or Buddy/Bagley trade for KP (*the latter I find more realistic), and I don't think it would cost a first at all. 

Another one could be with the Cavs+Thunder. KP to the Cavs. Favors+Sexton to the Mavs. Minor compensation to the Thunder for Favors. 

Point is that FRP need to be used in getting a return that's more substantial than Brooks, at least to me.
In those bolded returns, Holmes is the only name that makes me perk up a bit, but not to the extent that Brooks does. He is that junk yard dog I’ve been clamoring for and I think Kidd is the type of coach to unleash the jyd on opponents. I’d be happy to not include the first and maybe just include 2 seconds. I think Brooks would be the final glue that would seal all these glue guys together.

Having 2 JJJs or KPs on the team (shot blocking stretch 4/5s) on a team is hardly a reason to balk. I mean there are those that want Maxi to start with KP here and that would be no different. The injury history is for sure a valid reason. Seems like Mem has the depth to be able to handle it though, and if they can just time their injuries until the playoffs, they can both be fresh for a run!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by ItsGoTime - 10-29-2021, 01:45 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM