Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luka's $207M Extension is Signed
No surprises, of course. $207M is the expected total salary.

Big tax bills looming in upcoming years.

Mavs are on the clock, in making him eager to extend again in 5 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • DallasBasketball
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 05:08 PM)F Gump Wrote: No surprises, of course. $207M is the expected total salary.

Big tax bills looming in upcoming years.

Mavs are on the clock, in making him eager to extend again in 5 years.

Only big question: 5th year player option or not?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...2614138886

Player option in final (5th) year fyi @Mavs2021
Like Reply
Let’s GO Mavs!

When is the expected rise in cap due to the upcoming TV money?
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 05:11 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...2614138886

Player option in final year fyi.

Good for him. Duffy would be a horrible agent, if he had allowed Luka to tie himself to the Cuban shitshow for the full five years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, jesusshuttlesworth82
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14248...00164?s=21
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 05:18 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14248...00164?s=21

Cuban: We don´t need to mention the player option, right?
Duffy: Sure. *do I text Woj or Shams*
Like Reply
Great news.   the 5 year player option is to be expected.    Mavs are on the clock.  No excuses.  This team needs to make some good moves moving forward.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Good news, I was at fear it will be 3+1. 
Thankfully it isn't
Like Reply
Great news. Now do they fly out for Powell's next extension?
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 05:23 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Cuban: We don´t need to mention the player option, right?
Duffy: Sure. *do I text Woj or Shams*
What is with all these snarky backhanded negative comments?

This is all positive news. Luka has resigned. There is legit absolutely NOTHING negative to draw from this. A 5th year PO is not only common but expected for all stars as it maximizes guaranteed money. 

Like sheesh. I can understand ragging the Mavs for their drafting failures. I understand the frustration with the FO and their free agent whiffs. But now you're going to find something to dig about Luka resigning a max extension? Go outside for a couple of minutes and relax in the sun. You seem too stressed.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 8 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasBasketball, F Gump, fifteenth, KillerLeft, Mapka, michaeltex, ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 11:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: What is with all these snarky backhanded negative comments?

This is all positive news. Luka has resigned. There is legit absolutely NOTHING negative to draw from this. A 5th year PO is not only common but expected for all stars as it maximizes guaranteed money. 

Like sheesh. I can understand ragging the Mavs for their drafting failures. I understand the frustration with the FO and their free agent whiffs. But now you're going to find something dig about Luka resigning a max extension? Go outside for a couple of minutes and relax in the sun. You seem too stressed.

It´s called joking, but if going into the sun results in me losing my memory and changing my mind from one second to the next, I´ll take a pass. Is that what happened to you at 6PM last week? Big Grin
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 11:44 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: It´s called joking, but if going into the sun results in me losing my memory and changing my mind from one second to the next, I´ll take a pass. Is that what happened to you at 6PM last week? Big Grin

The thing is I just don't think you are joking. At least if you are you're kind of running it into the ground, past the center of the Earth, out the other end, and off into space.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • embellisher, fifteenth
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 11:47 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The thing is I just don't think you are joking. At least if you are you're kind of running it into the ground, past the center of the Earth, out the other end, and off into space.

Of course every joke has a kernel of truth. We all cope differently with the Cuban shitshow.
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 11:50 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Of course every joke has a kernel of truth. We all cope differently with the Cuban shitshow.

You know what? I'm glad we both agree on something!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
As usual, Dirk gets ish done.
Like Reply
There is live stream of press conference of Luka's extension. 

It will start around 20 - 25 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UVI6hZIelo
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAVS-SLO's post:
  • Fuerza1
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 11:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: What is with all these snarky backhanded negative comments?

This is all positive news. Luka has re-signed (not resigned). There is legit absolutely NOTHING negative to draw from this. A 5th year PO is not only common but expected for all stars as it maximizes guaranteed money. 

Like sheesh. I can understand ragging the Mavs for their drafting failures. I understand the frustration with the FO and their free agent whiffs. But now you're going to find something to dig about Luka re-signing (not resigning) a max extension? Go outside for a couple of minutes and relax in the sun. You seem too stressed.

Had a cold sweat when I saw that Luka was resigning...thought maybe he was reading this board about disappointment in the FA activity and just said "F it".
Like Reply

Where have you been, for like, years?
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 08:56 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Where have you been, for like, years?
Your mom's house!  Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply