Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(09-01-2021, 07:12 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Yes, I can see that. In trying to mix and match, I tend to group these guys by function into 3&D guys (Bullock, DFS, Maxi), non-shooting bigs (DP, WCS, Boban), and scorers (LD, KP, THJ, JB). 

Of course, there are other ways to look at it, and I don't know how the Mavs see it shaking out. It tends not to categorize a guy like Josh Green, for example, who doesn't fit into any of those pockets.

I think that is a reasonable way to look at it, but it begs the question of how many of each type is optimal?  One NSB, two 3&D’s and two scorers?  IF so, then the starting lineup has too many scorers.  Does the same apply with Brunson leading the O?  Who is the other scorer if the other three scorers started?  Or, does Brunson need more scorers around him than Luka?  But, how do you do that if THJ is starting?  If Brunson needs scoring help, then either THJ doesn’t start, Dragic is coming or we aren’t platooning lineups.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-01-2021, 07:36 PM