Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(09-01-2021, 12:01 PM)Kammrath Wrote: When I think of KP rolling most effectively, it is as a lob threat. Yet I don't see the Mavs trying that often. Even if the D switches the pick and roll, we have seen how DP and many others can still take advantage of this with the lob threat. DP isn't a post up threat against a smaller player, yet he is really effective in the pick and roll. I know KP doesn't set good screens and take angles well, but I don't understand why he is not being actively trained to BE this kind of pick and roll lob threat. He has the length and athleticism for it. And it is great when it occasionally surfaces. But why not more?
This topic has always needed more attention. Luka-KP PnR/PnP two man game should be a regular way we score. Only reason i see why KP doesn’t roll more is injury concerns? It’s never made sense

Edit: it’s also why the post about starting a center next to KP is right. DP/WCS/Brown one will need to be on the court most of the season to save KP and Maxi’s bodies from screens and tough dirty work. But also for a roll man, which Luka needs to be available on the regular
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by Jason Terry - 09-01-2021, 05:42 PM