Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(09-01-2021, 11:38 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Because it is easy to take away the KP-Luka pick and roll. Put a wing/guard on KP. Switch. That´s what most teams did. Which brings us back to the KP vs the mismatch debate. If he could punish smaller defenders teams wouldn´t be able to switch as easily.

When I think of KP rolling most effectively, it is as a lob threat. Yet I don't see the Mavs trying that often. Even if the D switches the pick and roll, we have seen how DP and many others can still take advantage of this with the lob threat. DP isn't a post up threat against a smaller player, yet he is really effective in the pick and roll. I know KP doesn't set good screens and take angles well, but I don't understand why he is not being actively trained to BE this kind of pick and roll lob threat. He has the length and athleticism for it. And it is great when it occasionally surfaces. But why not more?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by Kammrath - 09-01-2021, 12:01 PM