Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(08-26-2021, 08:31 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Celtics worst off season all time?   I don't understand.  Can you elaborate.

We will see if Richardson plays better in Boston.   I think they extended him a year to potentially have a trade asset at a solid # a year from now.   He needs to play better than he did a year ago.   Even if he plays to Philly Richardson, I think he would be a net neutral asset.

Besides that, The Celtics need to be thrilled with some of their young players performances in summer league.  Shroeder at 1 year at 5.9 is solid.   They probably will not be able to bring him back, but at this point he is probably an improvement over Kemba.   It is a TBD on the extension of Robert Williams but I have no problem with Smart extension.  They probably had to do something prior to the season with Smart.  Not sure how much Horford has left.    

So I put the Celtics offseason as treading water with some hope on the development of some young players.   In the end, they have two really good, young wings in Tatum and Brown who will make them competitive for a long time.    It will be tough for them to reach the Nets and Bucks level, but Brown and Tatum give them a really good young core where a couple smart moves may elevate their celling to contender.

"Philly" JRich was almost as bad as he was in Dallas. If he can revert to "Miami" JRich, that will be a win for Boston.  Maybe Udoka can re-light the fuse, who knows.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by HoosierDaddyKid - 08-27-2021, 10:45 AM