Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(08-25-2021, 03:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Based on my posts in the last couple of month most people should know that I am super low on Richardson but I don´t think replacing him with the next best 3&D wing was the solution. I do think that Bullock is a solid signing but looking at the big picture it is more of the same. A little bit more 3 and D in exchange for less playmaking. Another player that probably belongs into the Maxi/DFS/Brunson category. Great rotation players but if you have to start more than one or in a worst case scenario two of them the team probably isn´t going to make a deep playoff run.

Three years into the Luka experience that´s not enough for me. Moving Richardson without giving up any assets was a minor success. Just don´t see it as a franchise changing move that will lead to a top 4 seed next season.

I think this is a fair position. 

You (or anyone else) don't need to adopt my position. I couldn't care less about that. I am just wanting to look at data together and see what it might be telling us. In six months it might be clear that JR-out and Bullock-in was not enough, and that secondary playmaking is the issue. Or maybe in six months we will see the opposite. I will be at the front of the line, ready to admit I was wrong if this team struggles next year just as much when RB plays as it did with JR.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by Kammrath - 08-25-2021, 03:36 PM