Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(08-25-2021, 02:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This is what we saw in the playoffs:

DAL w/ JR (94 mins): O 93.8, D 123.8, Net -30.0

DAL w/o JR (242 mins): O 120.3, D 116.6, Net +3.6

So we saw the Mavs outscore LAC over 242 minutes by a rate of +3.6 when JR didn't play. 

Again, my point: 

DAL last year (regular season AND playoffs) performed as a GOOD team (literally contender level) when JR didn't play. Not playing JR at all next year MIGHT result in the team playing at a contender level. That is a real possibility. Hence, the whole point of this thread.

And that´s why the Mavs reduced his role to the bare minimum. He only played 13 minutes per game. Less than 10 in the last three games. Outside of the THJ/Doncic/DFS minutes the Mavs couldn´t compete with the Clippers. Richardson was bad and lost minutes. Brunson wasn´t doing any better. Burke was worse. Green only played 4 minutes.
Based on my posts in the last couple of month most people should know that I am super low on Richardson but I don´t think replacing him with the next best 3&D wing was the solution. I do think that Bullock is a solid signing but looking at the big picture it is more of the same. A little bit more 3 and D in exchange for less playmaking. Another player that probably belongs into the Maxi/DFS/Brunson category. Great rotation players but if you have to start more than one or in a worst case scenario two of them the team probably isn´t going to make a deep playoff run.

Three years into the Luka experience that´s not enough for me. Moving Richardson without giving up any assets was a minor success. Just don´t see it as a franchise changing move that will lead to a top 4 seed next season.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • mavsluvr, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by dirkfansince1998 - 08-25-2021, 03:32 PM