Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(08-25-2021, 03:23 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Point of View A:  A team is already much better as an on-court matter solely as a result of dropping players in favor of space. (The Cult of Cuban.) 

Point of View B: Clearing out players does not by itself make a team better as an on-court matter. Replacing the talent with upgraded/better-fitting talent is required to improve the team. 

1) My position: You can improve in TWO ways. A) By removing the ill-fitting parts. B) By adding better-fitting parts. These can be separate or mutual. You can improve just by not playing a part that doesn't fit. You can also improve by playing a part that better fits. Both are legitimate ways to improve a team. I WANT the Mavs to do BOTH. And I think they did by exchanging JR for Bullock/Sterling. I also want the Mavs to KEEP adding better fitting parts. But the reality is that they were a pretty dang good team last year when certain guys played. They MAY not need to do much more tinkering to get into the contender conversation. Not for certain, time will tell, but there is reason for optimism.

2) Calling it "Cult of Cuban" clearly shows your bias here. Did he do something bad to you? I do NOT like Cuban (as I have repeatedly told you) and never think of him in these conversations (he does not occupy my head space). I am simply looking at lineup and performance data for the last year and trying to see what it is revealing. And it suggests that Nico has already addressed the most pressing and easily fixable issue.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by Kammrath - 08-25-2021, 03:31 PM