Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
I don't think anyone is feeling like removing Richardson from the equation is a bad thing (at least I hope not). 

I think the disagreement stems from the idea that the amount of overall basketball talent on the roster is not remotely close to where it should be for a team hoping to compete for an NBA title. So, while subtracting negative impact players is a step in the right direction, some are finding it difficult to celebrate that because of the lack of a positive impact player being placed into the hole created by the subtraction. 

Yes, Richardson being gone carves out some minutes for Bullock and Brown, but trading him wasn't actually necessary in order to sign them. Ideally, trading him as part of a package to add an actual talented player about whom we could be excited, and not just a TPE that, if we're being honest, will probably not ever get used, would have been the move. 

Additionally, most of us hoped for, and some even expected, at least one incoming player this offseason who had more team altering potential than Reggie Bullock. 

I believe that's an accurate paraphrasing of this discussion, yes?
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, DrMav, jesusshuttlesworth82, mavsluvr, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by KillerLeft - 08-25-2021, 12:55 PM