Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
Great stuff.  Not much to add.  One thing that is kind of amazing is JRich was part of the most used 5 man lineup and that was +12.2.  So, he was REALLY bad outside the safe confines of that five man group.  Addition by subtraction is a thing and when teams are so close to one another minor improvements are important.

Brown was unassisted on 45% of his made two pointers…very similar to THJ.  If you watch highlights, Brown gets to the rim fairly well (on a bad offensive team).  He is definitely not a creator for others, but can do things for himself.  His TS% is almost .600 (again on a bad team) and his 2% is .492 (a good number, but THJ beats him nicely here).  I’m all for Dragic, but it won’t crush me if he doesn’t come here as I think Brown and Sterling can be respectable together spearheading the second unit.  I assume either Willie or Powell plus Maxi will also be on the bench unit.  I’d kind of like another guy who can create a shot.  My preference might be more of a 3 than another guard. Maybe Green gets some burn in that spot.  Or, maybe we hold onto the TPE and use it to trade of facilitate a trade at the TDL.
[-] The following 6 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • fifteenth, Jmaciscool, Kammrath, KillerLeft, MFFL, Tyler
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by DanSchwartzgan - 08-05-2021, 09:53 PM