Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(04-25-2022, 10:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Just want to express my appreciation for RB and the workhorse he has been for this team. Really has been an unsung hero in this great season.

[Image: usa_today_17323099.jpg]

He frustrated me at times but he has been steady.
Like Reply
(04-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: In the first 34 games of the season the Mavs were 16-18 and RB shot 27.4% from three.

In the last 48 games of the season the Mavs were 36-12 and RB shot 39.6% from three.

In 5 playoff games he is averaging 42.0 mins and shooting 41.7% from three.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
There's something to be said for knowing 1. what to do and 2. where to be ...during every possession. He is rarely out of place in the team system. 

As an example, when the Lakers won the championship, the usually reliable Danny Green barely registered 30% on his open 3-pointers. Yet, the Lakers never once reduced his minutes. The simple reason was he was reliable cover defensively each and every time down the court. He made very few mistakes. The same is true for Bullock. And when he is still shooting 40% from 3 like he is now, he's a perfect complement in this system.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 09:04 AM)Winter Wrote: There's something to be said for knowing 1. what to do and 2. where to be ...during every possession. He is rarely out of place in the team system. 

As an example, when the Lakers won the championship, the usually reliable Danny Green barely registered 30% on his open 3-pointers. Yet, the Lakers never once reduced his minutes. The simple reason was he was reliable cover defensively each and every time down the court. He made very few mistakes. The same is true for Bullock. And when he is still shooting 40% from 3 like he is now, he's a perfect complement in this system.

I would agree with all of this including the comparison to Green, although it probably needs to be pointed out that Green is an elite team defensive player while Bullock is merely a good one.
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 09:52 AM)mvossman Wrote: Green is an elite team defensive player while Bullock is merely a good one.

I do not disagree with this. Yet it is amazing how much a reliable and consistent decent-to-good defender has helped the Mavs team D. Kidd leans on RB as much as he leans on DFS. Those two guys are SO important to what Kidd is doing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
I've been saying it all series so it's good to know my eyes aren't lying.  Bullock has been flat out impressive.  Spencer hasn't had a great game but I'd say he's made a lot of timely shots.
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 10:03 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I do not disagree with this. Yet it is amazing how much a reliable and consistent decent-to-good defender has helped the Mavs team D. Kidd leans on RB as much as he leans on DFS. Those two guys are SO important to what Kidd is doing.

Totally agree on fit.  I have felt the blueprint for this team with Kidd at coach is to have two playmakers that don't kill you on defense on the court (Luka, Brunson, Din), 2 3&D guys that don't kill you on offense (DFS, Bullock, Maxi) and a defensive oriented center that does not kill you on offense (Maxi, Powell).  There is hope that Green can join that 3&D group next year, and if we manage to get a defensive center in the offseason then Maxi will be able to play that role more often.

If there is a negative right now, its that we have 36 mil tied up in guys that don't really fit that blueprint.  Bertans is the cost of dumping KP, but I do have hope that we can trade THJ for a defensive center.  In my mind, that would be the final move to get this roster perfectly suited for Kidd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply