Poll: Who will win the game (Mavs are 2.5 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
12 80.00%
Trail Blazers
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss
(10-28-2019, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Right now we have plenty of bench players, but we don't have a bench.  One of Luka and KP played all but 1:30 last night (we were +9 in that 1:30).  In years past we have been able to survive (in fact thrive) with only bench guys on the floor.  Powell coming back should help that.  But, there has to be some spacing for Powell to work.  If Curry is a starter, it may be that DFS joins him rather than Wright and Wright/Brunson/Powell/THJ and Jackson is your bench.  I could also see Wright and DFS swapping out starting on a nightly basis depending on the size of the other team's best player.

I think we have the players to have a bench death lineup again, but maybe Powell is the missing piece. I've thought since the team building was complete this summer that (1) Brunson should be staggered with Luka (and share the floor a little so that Brunson gets enough minutes), and (2)  Brunson / Curry / Powell / Maxi + one more had the makings of one of our bench death lineups. 

Regarding Curry, I'd make him part of that lineup ^ and also make him a closer. 

The problem with all my plans is that I think that the Mavs really want to see Luka/KP/DP together. They think this creates an indefensible compliment of offensive skills. So how do you create our bench death lineup without Powell's 75% shooting off of Brunson and Curry lobs? 

I want 

Luka / Brunson
Delon / Curry
Jackson/ THJ
DFS / Maxi
KP / Powell

with a finishing 5 of

Luka 
Delon
Curry
DFS
KP
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss - by fifteenth - 10-28-2019, 09:13 AM