Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIGN & TRADE: DeRozan to CHI for 3 yrs/$85M | Young, Aminu, 1st, two 2nds to SAS
(08-03-2021, 07:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: They're the ant Mavs. Mavs added defense and shooting. They added playmaking and splash.

Both Ball and Caruso are good defenders. Ball shot 38% from three last year and Caruso shot 40%.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 07:58 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Both Ball and Caruso are good defenders. Ball shot 38% from three last year and Caruso shot 40%.

True. I forgot about Caruso. And Ball has been shooting well, for sure .
Like Reply
Caruso was a good pickup. Ball is a good defender but I think that's a little bit of an overpay for him. No way I would have paid DeRozan that kind of money. Lavine is someone I've never understood the fascination with him. Empty stats is all that I see there. Athletic freak for sure. I think that's why people love him.

That's a lot of money for what I think will barely be a playoff team in the East.

Like I said earlier, this was not a good year for FAs led by a 36 year old Kyle Lowery. I'm actually very glad that he went to the Heat. He will be good there. But, I wasn't feeling it as much with him possibly coming to Dallas for $90 million.

If the Mavs had shelled out $85 million for Ball I would be pretty unhappy. Same with DeRozan. I would have liked the Caruso pick up though. I just think Ball and DeRozan are like Lavine, Empty stats guys. They don't attribute to a team making and winning in the playoffs.

I thought the Mavs did good in a very underwhelming FA class. Chicago just spent a lot of money putting together a team of players that have barely or never made the playoffs. I think we'll see the same result putting them all together. 7-8 seed is their ceiling.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 07:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote: They're the ant Mavs. Mavs added defense and shooting. They added playmaking and splash.

Bulls was 11th and 12th best defensive team in past 2 years (10 spots ahead of the Mavs) while being 17 and 27 in offense.
Offense is what gets you a playoff spot, this what teams like Mavs & Portland has done in past few years.
Like Reply