Poll: How do you grade this signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
"A" - Bargain deal on a great player!
4.00%
2 4.00%
"B" - Good deal. This is what you have to pay for great shooters.
54.00%
27 54.00%
"C" - Slight overpay, but the fit and player are good.
28.00%
14 28.00%
"D" - There were better players and options, but the contract will be fine.
12.00%
6 12.00%
"F" - Big overpay on a terrible player!
2.00%
1 2.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FA: Reggie Bullock to DAL for 3 yrs/$30.5M (using MLE)
We do know that, in the past, Cuban has offered $X if some other free agent comes and $Y if he doesn’t.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 07:12 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Is there enough money left to get him ? Speaking about Dragic.

The thing we have to bear in mind is none of this is final yet.  We will know more once we get a number for Bullock.  But, if it comes in at a particular level or below, then Brown/Bullock could be the BAE/MLE...could be sharing the MLE...could be space.  Heck, until NY wipes out their space, we could be getting these guys via S&T and using up the TPE.

It is certainly possible they did this in a way to preserve some/all of those options when this actually gets finalized in a couple of days.  Much will depend on whether there is another trade/FA target coming (we did express interest in Portis).  So, MLE for someone?  Or, do they get traded here by someone who wants a TPE and comes here for $10.8mm

One more note on Dragic.  I've mentioned Powell/Willie is a match and Powell/Burke is not (at least by the numbers Spotrac has).  However, Powell/Burke and some tiny bit of additional contract (any of the young guys) does work.

(08-02-2021, 07:21 PM)Tyler Wrote: Exactly. 

My educated guess is that the reason we haven't heard the Bullock number is that Dallas is still figuring out where they'll fit him pending additional moves. For all we know, he'll end up with the room MLE or counting against cap space. There's still a lot that can happen.

Great minds...

Well, your great mind...and me.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 07:30 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: One more note on Dragic.  I've mentioned Powell/Willie is a match and Powell/Burke is not (at least by the numbers Spotrac has).  However, Powell/Burke and some tiny bit of additional contract (any of the young guys) does work.

I saw somewhere news about Toronto talking to Terry
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 07:30 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Great minds...

Well, your great mind...and me.

LOL. Please. I'm just happy that some of your cap knowledge has rubbed off over the years. Smile
Like Reply
Looks like he got the full MLE https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6457012226
Like Reply
Oh my…
Like Reply
I figured it was full MLE.
Like Reply
Lovely. Bullock gets more than Caruso. Need a miracle trade to save the offseason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
Full MLE? LOL this franchise is just absolutely hopeless.

Time to just watch Olympics. 30 years ago, that´s where the amateurs competed, not today. Today they enable Cuban.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
We actually signed a somewhat decent free agent on the first day. 39% career three point shooter and an above average defender

I'm liking the Nico hire more already

Not sitting on the powder waiting for Kawhi as the market dries up is refreshing
[-] The following 6 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • embellisher, Fuerza1, MFFL, Sigma4Life, SleepingHero, vfromlmf
Like Reply
Terrible overpay. I don't mind the guys they are signing, but I hate the money they are spending to do so.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:14 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Terrible overpay. I don't mind the guys they are signing, but I hate the money they are spending to do so.

Perhaps the Mavs wouldn't be able to sign the guys they are signing without overpaying.

DAL is not a FA destination. It has never been and never will be.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • audiosway, embellisher, HoosierDaddyKid, J817, khaled1987
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:07 PM)MrGoat Wrote: We actually signed a somewhat decent free agent on the first day. 39% career three point shooter and an above average defender

I'm liking the Nico hire more already

No idea why fans are up in arms about the $$$. 

Shooting is a premium. McDermott just got $14M/yr and cannot play defense. Bullock was a legit 3/D starter at 30 mins/game for the #1 defense in the league last year. We have been begging for more 3/D wing depth. 

30 years old is my biggest concern but he hasn't had much wear/tear throughout his career. He makes DFS expendable, who is on the last year of his contract. All about having options and flexibility.
[-] The following 7 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • MFFL, MrGoat, omahen, Sigma4Life, SleepingHero, Tyler, vfromlmf
Like Reply
DFS?  I hope not.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:18 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: No idea why fans are up in arms about the $$$. 

Shooting is a premium. McDermott just got $14M/yr and cannot play defense. Bullock was a legit 3/D starter at 30 mins/game for the #1 defense in the league last year. We have been begging for more 3/D wing depth. 

30 years old is my biggest concern but he hasn't had much wear/tear throughout his career. He makes DFS expendable, who is on the last year of his contract. All about having options and flexibility.

Yes but you dont sign mcdermott or bullock or even hardaway when you have 28mm in cap room, an all nba point guard and its 1st day of free agency.  This is tier 3 of free agency, and you go and get the best player available, then fill out he roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes haveitall's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:26 PM)haveitall Wrote: Yes but you dont sign mcdermott or bullock or even hardaway when you have 28mm in cap room, an all nba point guard and its 1st day of free agency.  This is tier 3 of free agency, and you go and get the best player available, then fill out he roster.

Bruh, this FA class is a pile of ****. It's all about adding depth and role players. Asset management 101. The best avenue for improvement will be through trades, and that still may happen. Free agency ain't over yet, hang in there Monta!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • Sigma4Life, SleepingHero
Like Reply
[Image: E71Dx7uWYAMoqAo?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:29 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Bruh, this FA class is a pile of ****. It's all about adding depth and role players. Asset management 101. The best avenue for improvement will be through trades, and that still may happen. Free agency ain't over yet, hang in there Monta!!!

And they had to go all in this year because they screwed up in the previous two offseasons. No excuses.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:29 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Bruh, this FA class is a pile of ****. It's all about adding depth and role players. Asset management 101. The best avenue for improvement will be through trades, and that still may happen. Free agency ain't over yet, hang in there Monta!!!

I keep seeing over and over how the Mavs aren't signing premier free agents. I mean this free agent class is as shallow as it gets. Lowry, Conley, Ball, and CP3 all got signed within the first 30 minutes of free agency. Mavs moved on instead of waiting. 

You know how I know this isn't the old front office? Donnie would still be trying to go after Kawhi while all these role players would be signed in the meantime.

Then next season we'd all be saying why didn't the Mavs sign Bullock at that moderate deal?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • audiosway, embellisher, LifeAquatic, MFFL, Sigma4Life
Like Reply