Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JRich to BOS | $10.8M TPE + Moses Brown (7'1.25", 7'4.75" wingspan) to DAL
(07-31-2021, 05:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Brown

If DFS is outgoing in some sort of trade, then Sterling Brown ESPECIALLY makes sense to me as a replacement.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Definitely IN if the price is right.

Portis and/or McConnell for me if we can't get Collins.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:15 PM)Kammrath Wrote: If DFS is outgoing in some sort of trade, then Sterling Brown ESPECIALLY makes sense to me as a replacement.

DFS is one of our two decent starters (alongside our franchise player). If we're giving him up, it had better be for a star - Collins, Grant, Wood, Ball, Brogdon (I know), maybe CP3. Not in a Lowry SnT for sure.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:21 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: DFS is one of our two decent starters (alongside our franchise player). If we're giving him up, it had better be for a star

I just think DFS is one of the tickets to actually remaking this roster, so I expect Nico to use that chip if he needs to.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:22 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I just think DFS is one of the tickets to actually remaking this roster, so I expect Nico to use that chip if he needs to.

Once again, it had damn well better be worth it.

If DFS were the necessary piece to trading KP into air or for something of value (e.g. a starter + a rotation player), then maybe I would consider that. Dumping KP is that key to the future.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:22 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I just think DFS is one of the tickets to actually remaking this roster, so I expect Nico to use that chip if he needs to.

Yeah, with a great chip like DFS maybe we could find an ultimate glue guy, offensive rebounder who hits 3s, fits great with Luka, is the ultimate teammate and is showing signs of rounding out his game with flooring the ball and driving to the basket.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:36 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Yeah, with a great chip like DFS maybe we could find an ultimate glue guy, offensive rebounder who hits 3s, fits great with Luka, is the ultimate teammate and is showing signs of rounding out his game with flooring the ball and driving to the basket.

That's what I'm saying - the return would have to be spectacular. Or is that a hyperbole?
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:15 PM)Kammrath Wrote: If DFS is outgoing in some sort of trade, then Sterling Brown ESPECIALLY makes sense to me as a replacement.

Don't make me hurt you.
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavs2021, VintagePejav2, wmffl87
Like Reply
Man I was all in on Collins, seems so long ago. Gone from Collins to Lowry now feels like its just going to be THJ + other things.

My latest guess is THJ, Portis, Dragic, Sterling Brown. THJ gets starter money, Portis starts. Dragic off the bench with Brunson, S. Brown, Maxi, Powell. Young guys fighting for minutes. Portis I think would help the frontcourt and Dragic would help fix the bench.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 07:06 PM)cow Wrote: Don't make me hurt you.

Kamm is speaking treason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StepBackJay's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
Now that we have the Grant question out of the way. Why does Dragic’s name keep coming up around here? He hasn’t been on record as wanting to come here since he laughed at the thought back in 2015. Luka has friends telling him there are better cities than Dallas to play (easy speculation is Dragic). He can still be friends with Luka and play in a different city. 

Have I missed the quote from him that if Miami moves on from him, he wants to play here with Luka (not play with Luka cause he can continue to try to recruit him wherever he decides to play)?
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 07:26 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Now that we have the Grant question out of the way. Why does Dragic’s name keep coming up around here? He hasn’t been on record as wanting to come here since he laughed at the thought back in 2015. Luka has friends telling him there are better cities than Dallas to play (easy speculation is Dragic). He can still be friends with Luka and play in a different city. 

Have I missed the quote from him that if Miami moves on from him, he wants to play here with Luka (not play with Luka cause he can continue to try to recruit him wherever he decides to play)?

Duffy, Luka, ball-handler, won't cost a lot, Miami will not pick up his TO, Miami favorite for Lowry. A lot has happened since 2015...
[-] The following 1 user Likes StepBackJay's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
My list is Portis or Nance for front court, Dragic or TJM for back court.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 07:07 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Man I was all in on Collins, seems so long ago. Gone from Collins to Lowry now feels like its just going to be THJ + other things.

My latest guess is THJ, Portis, Dragic, Sterling Brown. THJ gets starter money, Portis starts. Dragic off the bench with Brunson, S. Brown, Maxi, Powell. Young guys fighting for minutes. Portis I think would help the frontcourt and Dragic would help fix the bench.

Honestly, THJ + other things is probably the best outcome given this free agency class IF the plan is to retain KP for the season.  Fix the rotation and give yourself tradeble contracts should other opportunities arise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Arioch
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 07:36 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Duffy, Luka, ball-handler, won't cost a lot, Miami will not pick up his TO, Miami favorite for Lowry. A lot has happened since 2015...
Yep, a lot has changed since 2015, but our city location hasn’t. I would bet anyone a signature bet that he isn’t coming here whenever he gets to FA next (be it this year or next). Even if Luka was his best friend he wouldn’t play for this city. Duffy can’t do anything to change that opinion. Only possible way to me is if we money-whip him and that goes against one of the reasons you want him here.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:37 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's what I'm saying - the return would have to be spectacular. Or is that a hyperbole?

Ha ha! I'm sorry Scott. My bad. Be as all in as you want to be
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 07:52 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Yep, a lot has changed since 2015, but our city location hasn’t. I would bet anyone a signature bet that he isn’t coming here whenever he gets to FA next (be it this year or next). Even if Luka was his best friend he wouldn’t play for this city. Duffy can’t do anything to change that opinion. Only possible way to me is if we money-whip him and that goes against one of the reasons you want him here.

Dragic will prob go to the team that offers him the most money. If he wants to stay in Miami he will have to take a hometown discount.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 03:00 PM)WillE Wrote: My initial thought was (too) they'll flip Powell into something, but probably WCS is contractwise even more moveable.

...I'm still very curios about the new mind making the moves for us. I liked the start so far and can't wait to see what's next.

It’s Bob the analytics guru unleashed! Is Bob even still around? Both Browns make sense as value moves. This Josh Richardson trade is a mini heist.  I mean, it’s more liquor store than national bank, but it’s a robbery nonetheless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 08:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It’s Bob the analytics guru unleashed! Is Bob even still around? Both Browns make sense as value moves. This Josh Richardson trade is a mini heist.  I mean, it’s more liquor store than national bank, but it’s a robbery nonetheless.
All this celebration and watch him go for 16 efficient ppg on four 3’s per game and be a confident ball handler next year.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 08:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It’s Bob the analytics guru unleashed! Is Bob even still around? Both Browns make sense as value moves. This Josh Richardson trade is a mini heist.  I mean, it’s more liquor store than national bank, but it’s a robbery nonetheless.

Bob is not around.

Jeremias Engelmann is the lead “analytics” voice in the room.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply