Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JRich to BOS | $10.8M TPE + Moses Brown (7'1.25", 7'4.75" wingspan) to DAL
Nice that the Mavs got something back for Josh Richardson because they were not going to use him.
Like Reply
So does Brown coming in mean Boban is out?
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 12:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Great move. Not sure what it means for WCS. Personally I would let him go. Brown has more upside and is on a great contract.

What about Bobi?  Is he signed for next year?
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 02:17 PM)WillE Wrote: So does Brown coming in mean Boban is out?

Hope so!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 02:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hope so!
If that's the case, then I'd await another move for a big man that would be in front of Brown in the rotation.

Otherwise we'd be pretty thin on bigs...
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 02:53 PM)WillE Wrote: If that's the case, then I'd await another move for a big man that would be in front of Brown in the rotation.

Otherwise we'd be pretty thin on bigs...

Yeah, maybe. 

I think either Powell or WCS will still be here, though.
  • WillE
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 02:18 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What about Bobi?  Is he signed for next year?
Nope - he's an unrestricted FA.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 02:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, maybe. 

I think either Powell or WCS will still be here, though.
My initial thought was (too) they'll flip Powell into something, but probably WCS is contractwise even more moveable.

...I'm still very curios about the new mind making the moves for us. I liked the start so far and can't wait to see what's next.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillE's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 03:00 PM)WillE Wrote: ...I'm still very curios about the new mind making the moves for us. I liked the start so far and can't wait to see what's next.

Yeah, so far we have only small clues that could be used as evidence either way.
  • WillE
Like Reply
Moses Brown average 8.9 rebounds (3.6 of the offensive) to go along with 1.1 blocks on just 21.4 minutes per game last season.  I might love you, Nico.
Like Reply
Brown seems like he'll be too slow on the perimeter to rely on consistently. I see him as more of a Boban replacement than a full time backup. That's probably why they want to keep WCS.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 04:12 PM)cow Wrote: Moses Brown average 8.9 rebounds (3.6 of the offensive) to go along with 1.1 blocks on just 21.4 minutes per game last season.  I might love you, Nico.

Per 36 minutes ...

14.4 points, 15.0 rebounds, 1.8 blocks
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 04:19 PM)loki Wrote: Brown seems like he'll be too slow on the perimeter to rely on consistently. I see him as more of a Boban replacement than a full time backup. That's probably why they want to keep WCS.

Here is a good rundown.  

https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/6/26/22...n-thompson
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 04:12 PM)cow Wrote: Moses Brown average 8.9 rebounds (3.6 of the offensive) to go along with 1.1 blocks on just 21.4 minutes per game last season.  I might love you, Nico.

At the very least, the new capologist is going his job.  Squeezing JRich into Boston’s TPE and getting Moses back into our TPE (while adding to cap room and getting JRich to a good spot) was an elegant solution to several problems.  If the reported Sterling Brown thing happens (and Jake Fischer has been on a roll), I like that as a low cost bench addition (and someone to join KP on trips to the strip club).

Donnie was good around the fringe, so we need to see Nico operate under the bright lights.
[-] The following 5 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Hogmelon, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, Scott41theMavs, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 05:11 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: At the very least, the new capologist is going his job.  Squeezing JRich into Boston’s TPE and getting Moses back into our TPE (while adding to cap room and getting JRich to a good spot) was an elegant solution to several problems.  If the reported Sterling Brown thing happens (and Jake Fischer has been on a roll), I like that as a low cost bench addition (and someone to join KP on trips to the strip club).

Donnie was good around the fringe, so we need to see Nico operate under the bright lights.

Sterling Brown is kind of meh but it does make me think there is going to be a bunch of deck shuffling.  There are only so many spots on the roster.

Moses has upside as a rotational piece and fills a need.   Oddly enough, his motor makes him a Carlisle type of guy and I think that would have been a great pairing.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 05:20 PM)cow Wrote: Sterling Brown is kind of meh

6'5" with a 6'10" wingspan and a GOOD defender who just shot 42.3% from three? I'll take that all day.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, StepBackJay
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 05:20 PM)cow Wrote: Sterling Brown is kind of meh but it does make me think there is going to be a bunch of deck shuffling.  There are only so many spots on the roster.

Moses has upside as a rotational piece and fills a need.   Oddly enough, his motor makes him a Carlisle type of guy and I think that would have been a great pairing.

What Brown tells me is Bartlestein is driving the bus on some of this.  Already several players of his have changed teams including Plumlee, Jevon Carter and Fernando.  He has tons of mouths to feed this summer beside Lowry, Brown and Hardaway.  His agency has McDermott, McConnell, Collins, Portis, Niang, Kaminsky, Nwaba, Jabari Parker and Kanter.  Nance has been in trade rumors (and fits out new TPE).  And of course the biggest prize in the Bartlestein practice is Bradley Beal.

You never know if we are seriously pursuing Lowry or just pumping up his value.  Of course, with Beal a potential future target, playing along isn’t the worst idea (if that is indeed what is happening).

(07-31-2021, 05:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 6'5" with a 6'10" wingspan and a GOOD defender who just shot 42.3% from three? I'll take that all day.

If you were going to put a price tag on him, where do you think he slots?  I’ve been trying to decide if he’s RMLE.   Part of it.  Vet Min or what.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 05:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: What Brown tells me is Bartlestein is driving the bus on some of this.  Already several players of his have changed teams including Plumlee, Jevon Carter and Fernando.  He has tons of mouths to feed this summer beside Lowry, Brown and Hardaway.  His agency has McDermott, McConnell, Collins, Portis, Niang, Kaminsky, Nwaba, Jabari Parker and Kanter.  Nance has been in trade rumors (and fits out new TPE).  And of course the biggest prize in the Bartlestein practice is Bradley Beal.

You never know if we are seriously pursuing Lowry or just pumping up his value.  Of course, with Beal a potential future target, playing along isn’t the worst idea (if that is indeed what is happening).

If you were going to put a price tag on him, where do you think he slots?  I’ve been trying to decide if he’s RMLE.   Part of it.  Vet Min or what.

Great observations!
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 05:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If you were going to put a price tag on him, where do you think he slots?  I’ve been trying to decide if he’s RMLE.   Part of it.  Vet Min or what.

The range would be RMLE to vet min for me....I would lean toward vet min because even though last year was REALLY promising, his impact in MIL on a winning team was lacking the years before.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 05:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: McDermott

Definitely IN if the price is right.
Like Reply