Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JRich to BOS | $10.8M TPE + Moses Brown (7'1.25", 7'4.75" wingspan) to DAL
So how would you feel if your team was pitching JRich as a starting-caliber point guard?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/celti...er-report/
Like Reply
Already a home run offseason courtesy of Nico + Kidd 1-2 punch. Toss out the expired trash asap; next is hopefully Powell followed closely by China Burke.
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:04 PM)Tyler Wrote: So how would you feel if your team was pitching JRich as a starting-caliber point guard?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/celti...er-report/
If they view him as a starting caliber PG, how did we not extract more than just the TPE for him? 

He didn't handle the ball very well here, but that doesn't mean that is who he is. He could be better for them than he is for us (well, for RC, have to ask, does RC just make ball handlers nervous?).
Like Reply
So do we have this TPE for a year or is it up on Sunday?
Like Reply
One down, six to go (five if they can keep Maxi in the process).

(07-30-2021, 09:14 PM)chaparral Wrote: So do we have this TPE for a year or is it up on Sunday?

Believe it's for a full calendar year.
Like Reply
We've been excited about TPE's before.  In fact one of the largest in history.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ClutchDirk, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
How do people feel about Larry Nance?  He would fit into this TPE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chaparral's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:26 PM)chaparral Wrote: How do people feel about Larry Nance?  He would fit into this TPE.

Love
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, Okstate819
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:24 PM)cow Wrote: We've been excited about TPE's before.  In fact one of the largest in history.

But that was with Donnie and Rick and Cuban...with Keith Grant and no capologist.

This is with Nico, Finley, Kidd and Cuban...less Keith Grant and a newly hired, highly respected proven capologist.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 2 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Fuerza1
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:28 PM)cow Wrote: Love

Don't think Love fits into the exception, and I don't want him anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:28 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: But that was with Donnie and Rick and Cuban...with Keith Grant and no capologist.

This is with Nico, Finley, Kidd and Cuban...less Keith Grant and a newly hired, highly respected proven capologist.

This. At the introductory press conference, Cuban alluded to the Mavs finally having STRUCTURE under this new regime, praised Nico's ability in that regard also. Shots fired at Dumb Donnie Jr.!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fuerza1's post:
  • TXBamanut
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Don't think Love fits into the exception, and I don't want him anyway.

He's reunited with Rubio so he'll want to stay in Cleveland.
Like Reply
Can a team S&T a player into our new TPE?
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:32 PM)cow Wrote: He's reunited with Rubio so he'll want to stay in Cleveland.

Then why'd you bring him up?  Wink
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:32 PM)chaparral Wrote: Can a team S&T a player into our new TPE?

Hmmmmm.....not sure.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/AzazNYK/status/1421290000889569285
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:33 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Then why'd you bring him up?  Wink

I love you.
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:33 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Then why'd you bring him up?  Wink

I took Cow's comment as he loves Nance as a Mav for the TPE.
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:35 PM)chaparral Wrote: I took Cow's comment as he loves Nance as a Mav for the TPE.
Scott just moo'd you all!!!!! I love it!

With an oink fruit here and an oink fruit there!
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • Hogmelon, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 09:26 PM)chaparral Wrote: How do people feel about Larry Nance?  He would fit into this TPE.

I believe he actually has value otherwise it would be a no-brainer. Trash players like Wesley Matthews, oh, I mean Josh Richardson typically get traded for a bag of potato chips. 

IMO, Nico holds on that TPE until during the season or next year. I know a lot of people want big moves or drastic changes with the roster but I don't see that happening until next summer. The previous regime really dug the team in a DEEP hole. 

That being said, I expect a lot of internal improvement (new coach, new energy).
Like Reply