Poll: In or out on 3/90 Lowry?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
In
28.85%
15 28.85%
Out
71.15%
37 71.15%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLL: In or out on the Lowry pursuit?
(07-29-2021, 12:15 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I’m curious about the term “allegedly wants”.  Not busting your chops, but I’m wondering if we’ve actually seen that from his camp (certainly possible I missed it).  I recall at the TDL his agent saying his market was 2 @ $25mm per.  I’ve seen speculation that things “might” get more expensive with New Orleans clearing space (and it might).  I’ve also seen it suggested a team like the Pelicans might have to over-pay compared to Dallas or Miami (which also rings true).

We’ve seen a huge number of posts that just jumped right to $30mm as the price tag (and seemingly added a year also).  Is that a board-wide presumption?  Or, did I miss the memo somewhere?  To me, the advantage of Lowry and THJ having the same agent is he can work both sides to come up with ways to make this a win for everyone.  At some point there is an amount or method that doesn’t work and might harm both clients.

My guess would be that it is NO driving his price up. Their trade allows them to pay him 30 mil and operate over the cap. I think this has huge positive value for them which they will not let go.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: POLL: In or out on the Lowry pursuit? - by omahen - 07-29-2021, 12:25 PM