Poll: In or out on 3/90 Lowry?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
In
28.85%
15 28.85%
Out
71.15%
37 71.15%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLL: In or out on the Lowry pursuit?
(07-28-2021, 10:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I try to evaluate moves against doing nothing. As in, did the move make the team better or worse, in the short and long term? 

I also think it's fair to identify a type of player we want them to go after, taking a bird's eye view of roster construction and fit. "They're going after a PG, when they need a big" is an oversimplified but fair example of this. 

I just think it's bizarre to pin all of our opinions and/or expectations on a single target for all the reasons I mentioned above. Example: Brogdon from the last few years, or Collins this summer.

Sometimes we get a sense of why moves don't get made, like with Crowder this past off-season, and in that case, I think it's fair to have a take on whether you'd have offered the extra year or whatever. But in situations wherein we don't even know the two sides ever talked, I don't think it's fair to assume that's ALL the Mavs' decision.
Again, I give credence to this thought process. Ultimately, I think IF Lowry comes here in a way that is beneficial to the team, I’ve said it’s not all that horrible. The question was, at this moment in time having the information we have now, is Lowry worth it? I think, right now, with the information we currently have, I’d rather have Ball at max than Lowry at $30M. So I am a “no” on this pole at this point in time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: POLL: In or out on the Lowry pursuit? - by ItsGoTime - 07-28-2021, 10:54 PM