Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | Mavs go 1-4
Terry is atrocious so far. Are we watching the same game?
[-] The following 2 users Like Thukydides's post:
  • Okstate819, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Petrusev is a pick Morey bought for 2 million.   Haven't even see late second round pick Bassey yet.   And young PG Nix is an interesting UDFA.   Added to the fact Isaiih Joe and Paul Reed (MVP of G league) are both second round picks last year.   

That is how you build youth.   Most may not play out, but a few may.   They are intriguing.   

Instead of guys on the Mavs who look like they have no shot.  At least most.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
We need a league to develop players for the summer league games.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • cow, Mavs2021, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Petrusev was the 50th pick, and he averaged 24/8 in the decent Adriatic League. Do any of our G-Leaguers look like they could average 24/8 in China?
Like Reply
If giving up Terry in the Goran deal gets it done, give up Terry.

Also, who decided to keep Hinton on the two way over Bey? Maybe fire that person.

My two way too small sample size observations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
They are doubling Terry, why does Doc hate us Smile
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 03:47 PM)Hypermav Wrote: We need a league to develop players for the summer league games.

I was depressed about the Feron analysis but you cheered me up.  LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 03:45 PM)Thukydides Wrote: Terry is atrocious so far. Are we watching the same game?

Well he looks good in comparison to the rest, who look like the guys the White Mamba beats up in those YT clips vs. amateurs.

I give Hinton credit. Dude is sharp. Showing good work ethic, get close to the coach and do community work, while being a fringe NBA talent. He´s trying to become the next Dwight Powell.  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • jesusshuttlesworth82
Like Reply
I agree Mike.  Would have been a pretty easy pick if I was making the pick last year.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/...8014886916
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 03:49 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: If giving up Terry in the Goran deal gets it done, give up Terry.

Also, who decided to keep Hinton on the two way over Bey? Maybe fire that person.

My two way too small sample size observations.

Fire the person that thought it would be a good idea to let Terry and Hinton run the offense. They combined for 5ast per game in college.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Thukydides
Like Reply
Three good passes by Terry there. I think he's doing fine - forced a few shots but still shooting 50%. He is clearly the only player that can do much on this roster. He hasn't played meaningful minutes since January
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 03:54 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Three good passes by Terry there. I think he's doing fine - forced a few shots but still shooting 50%. He is clearly the only player that can do much on this roster. He hasn't played meaningful minutes since January

He has made some good passes.  He has attacked the basket, but lacks explosion at the rim.  He is crafty though.   I am a little disappointed it looks really hard for him to get a three point shot off.
Like Reply
Is DSJ SL-eligible and on any roster?

(08-09-2021, 03:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: He has made some good passes.  He has attacked the basket, but lacks explosion at the rim.  He is crafty though.   I am a little disappointed it looks really hard for him to get a three point shot off.

Yeah I noticed that, too. The drives and the passing were okay-ish, but it seems even going around screens he´s so short that he can´t get good looks.
Like Reply
Terry has also had some really careless turnovers too though.
Like Reply
Terry has handles like me.  I don't have fingers.
Like Reply
All of them playing for their own stats. Figueroa is the worst. Boxing out his own teammates. Tipping the ball out of his teammates hands.
Like Reply
I really don't know what I was expecting but sheesh.

It's so nice of the Mavericks to give all these older high school players a chance to shine against the big leagues.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Terry needs a full season in G-league.   When drafted I knew he was going to need time, but he is not close.    

Only one half, but just my initial thoughts.
Like Reply
(08-09-2021, 03:58 PM)cow Wrote: Terry has handles like me.  I don't have fingers.

Can you actually dribble with hooves? I bet you can clog the paint with all that gerth.
Like Reply
I am not supportive of bringing in Dragic at 19million. I would rather bring in someone else. 

Giving up rotational pieces for a guy that will likely be gone next year is not the move. 

If the Mavericks had guys to replace Powell I would be supportive of the move. 

The Mavs need to go after Markkanen.
Like Reply